As we wait for midnight...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If he was holding out in training camp I'd be right with you. That's far from what's happening. The dude was originally hired to back up a rookie, which he accepted appropriate dough for. The guy is the starter now - that means more money plain and simple. Don't believe the stories that he's waiting for Kurt Warner money..

2. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

lmfao another angry titans fan... thank god im a yankees fan so atleast one of my teams spends money

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I had to vent. Nothing ever falls into place when it comes to the Titans, and I know that throughout the next few months, i'm going to write a few more rants in bold print.

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

haha yea im feeling ya....if we sign anyone with a big name ill be suprised. The one thing i can say is that the front office usually finds the low cost, low risk, big upside free agents that turn out to be good, aka chris carr

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wonder if MR is asleep right now

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

LOL I guarantee he is.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Kerry Collins, as mike keith once put it, "Who the titans picked up off the streets" is now demanding superstar money?

Superstars win games, some wouldn't call a game manager a superstar. In favor of Kerry, he did win a few games for us this season. He made passes when we needed him too.

What he doesnt realize is that he needs Nashville more than the Titans need him. As tight as this FO is, why would they pay Kerry premium money while paying Vince alotta money to sit on the bench when Kerry isn't even a guarantee. I think the titans are leary of a "KCollins Hangover" in 09 and being stuck paying two qbs alotta money that arent worth a crap.

What really scares me about the Titans FO playing hardball with their FAs is if even if they do resign them, so far this offseason, they've shown little or no effort to meet players salary requests. (Then they give bo scaife 4 mil) Even if a player like KFC does re-sign, is he going to play with the same fire he did last year? Alot of times, people work just as much as they are getting paid and last year was a contract year for Kerry so I think he stepped it up a notch just for that reason.

What I dont get is... I remember him saying something to the effect of him only wanting to play with the titans or he'd retire. If this is really the case, then why would he even shop with other teams? The titans theoretically won't have an offer to match if he was serious about only playing in Tennessee or not playing at all. If that was REALLY the case, he wouldn't be shoping around anyways.

In Kerrys Defense. I'd be pretty p!ssed if I was the starting QB on the team and my backup was getting paid more to listen to his iPod while I was out taking snaps.

8. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

It says percentage in the article. i.e. if Warner gets 8 mil, Kerry asks for 6, etc.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And he plans on sleeping in.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

My guess is he had a glass of wine and toasted to Snyder's idiotic signing frenzy with Hall and AH, then went to sleep and dreamt of sugar plums dancing in his head.

I would like someone to explain how the Redskins could sign those two and have any money to sign draft picks.

Now that the AH drama is over the real work and fun begins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar