As per Kuharsky, Levitre working with 2's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Montreal, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montreal

Montreal Special Teams Standout

"The team stuck with the alternate starting group on the offensive line. Left to right that lineup was Taylor Lewan, Byron Bell, Fernando Velasco, Chance Warmack and Jamon Meredith. Regular center Brian Schwenke was out with a foot injury and would be back by Thursday, so we’ll see if he’s back in with the lead group. Regular left guard Andy Levitre worked as the No. 2 center."

Not sure if this is good news or bad overall. Would this make the titans look at Evan Mathis and/or cutting Levitre before the end of camp?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Normally Id be thrilled by this news, but we're replacing him with a worse player.

3. Montreal

How much do we all need to pay to get a sign flown by a plane over training camp that says "Save a Mariota, Adopt a Mathis today!"

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

PK talked about this on a quick video, and he looked and sounded like he was literally about to cry.

If Meredith isn't terrible, that lineup could be OK.

No reason to think Bell can't play guard.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If Levitre is not a starter on this team, you cut him. You don't have a backup player who shouldn't see the field taking up over $8mil in cap space.

Hard to know if the Titans have realized what we think...he's not very good...or if they are just experimenting because the current unit is not getting it done.

I do wonder if they will give Levitre a shot at C with the 1's but this doesn't look good for Levitre.

Could we finally be seeing the ACCOUNTABILITY Whisenhunt said he would apply to everyone?

With the cap space available, I don't know how we didn't sign Mathis when he hit the market....

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Bell could possibly be an ok Guard, Jamon Meredith looked solid at LG last week now he's taking Bells spot at RT.

This line really hinges on how well Meredith can play Tackle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

Levitre had his shot at Center in the early practices. Reports were the line looked its worst with him there.

Levitre was a bust, he's been hurt some over the years here but thats not something Im putting up with for a third straight year, Jake Locker pretty much shortened the time Ill give anyone who's continually hurt. Same can be applied to Schwenke.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I think Whisenhunt's stomach dropped a little bit after what he saw from the first unit, and he is in panic mode a little bit.

I think he is feeling the heat for the first time. That's a good thing.

• High Five High Five x 6
  9. Montreal

Could not agree more. Levitre should be gone given his cap hit.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Then Levitre should be cut.

Normally I'd say his future hinges on whether any combination of players at LG, OC, and RT is better than him playing LG, but at this point, I'd see what the other guys can do against the Rams and be negotiating with Mathis during the week. If I don't see what I like by halftime of the Rams game, I sign Mathis before the game is even over.

If he can't start, they need to cut him.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar