As much as I hate L White at times....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

L-Dub is a Beast. I can't front sometimes he thinks he's a little man, quick and nimble (behind the line of scrimage) and tippy toes around until something opens up, which ends up in a loss. But when he hits it up in there, he moves piles, and on the occassion when the O-line actually opens a hole big enough for him to go through, he DOES look like a little scat back....na, ..on second thought.....never mind, he just looks quick.

Side note...I really hate the way he carries the ball, he never covers it up and it always looks like a fumble waiting to happen. (Knock on wood)

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hate lendale but loved eddie?

Are they not almost the same guy? All fat jokes aside and personal bias eddie george averaged just 3.83 yards a carry in his prime from 96-2000 and just 3.2 ypc after that and lendale is averaging 3.7 for his career but 4.0 last year.

Very similar guys and if you think lendale is fat and out of shape he is doing basically the same things and the same way.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree. We have too many other holes to fill to worry about RB when we have an adequate running game.

I was impressed with C.Henry's flashes. L.White may not be powerful like eddie, but i'm not real disappointed with his production this season. It'll be nice to see him go over 1000 yards.

No reason to replace either of these two with an aging vet. If they decide Turner maybe a game breaker than I would understand that chance, but I doubt we will have any new Rbs on the roster next season except for a new number 3 RB.

4. Black66

Black66 Starter

I appreciate what Lendale has done for us this season but I think he is probably the slowest starting running back in the league. What our team desperately needs, amongst some other things, is someone who can make a big play. Lendale is never going to be that guy. I watch other teams that have running backs that can outrun people in the secondary, LT for example, Lendale can barely outrun most linebackers. We really need someone more explosive to be getting the ball 20-30 times a game. Hopefully Chris Henry can be the answer.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again there is little difference between eddie as a runner and lendale now. Eddie has the advantage of sentimentality but he was the same type of back with similar results. And eddie had some good people blocking for him like bruce, hoppy, stepnoski, runyon, neal.

If lendale was on the vikings or broncos he would have a 4.5 average. I do want us to use him along with a back with more speed and i long for the day when we have a big time pass receiver at RB to help vince and a first rate TE. Witten, barber and jones have combined for 140 catches for the cowboys.

Interesting that we made a significant but insufficient effort to get micheal turner but how big an effort did we make to get julius jones or chester taylor? A third rd pick might have got us either of those guys. :rolleyes:

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

LW isn't what Eddie is in his prime. I don't need stats (which Eddies are better) to see that.

Someone said LW may be the slowest starting back in the league, and I'd believe it. Of course we need some power to grind it out with Fisherball, but speed would help too, and some guys offer both. LW moves piles, but doesn't break a lot of tackles, so I can't even say he's a really good power runner.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't go for another back with what we have invested in it. So I guess the most realistic hope is LW gets in better shape which makes him a better back, or Henry can be better (looks like he may be). Either way, an offense relying so heavily on LW at this stage is not going to be good enough unless our passing game really takes a turn (a more difficult thing to do that just replacing the RB).

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Senator, I served with Eddie George: I knew Eddie George; Eddie George was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Eddie George.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

LW isn't what Eddie George was in his prime, yet. I'm not saying he will ever be, but I'm not going to say he couldn't be. LW isn't in his prime yet. Who knows LW may some day realize to get his playing weight down to what it needs to be and bulk up with muscle. The "new" LW would be a force. He shows the potential he has; he just needs to get his body in shape to be able to play to his potential every down.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Anyone remember the short yardage play where LW fought like a dog and got the first down? The kid is making a believer out of me. His YPC will never be great because he doesn't have break away speed but he is very servicable and if we ever get a decent passing game to go with our running game teams won't be able to clog the LOS.

Consider this, LW has almost 900 yards rushing this year with 3 games to go. Brown has an additional 400 yards. LW also has 7 TDs, Brown has 3. Also figure in the contribution Henry has made and the running game isn't all that bad. IMO losing Brown will be significant but hopefully Henry can fill that void next year and maybe we can get a 3rd back in the draft.

I am optimistic LW will show up in better shape next year and will have a solid year for us. RB is not a significant need IMO.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

El Dub is the man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar