As long as we are winning Collins will stay the QB.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i agree Collins is why we are here, he's had a dozen or so big passes. but going by stats he has hit a wall late in the year. If he doesnt rebound this Sunday then we have some big issues on our hands.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

For a smashmouth team, it's not so much about the dozen or so big passes. It's about the dozen or more that are thrown away to avoid a devastating turnover that our offense isn't built to come back from.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think it is in the team's best interest to get VY a few series tomorrow if there is a two score spread.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't expect Fisher to make the switch this late in the season. Also I don't see him making the change unless Collins is outright costing us games and while he's played poorly, I would not say he alone cost us the 2 games.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have said this before and i'll say it again more emphatically.

The idea of waiting now in this game against that defense to play vince young is dumb as hell. Vince has not played! Can some of you get your minds around that? He has not played!

Had vince played 7-8 full series over the last month and looked pretty good that would be a possibility. But that has not happened.

He has not played!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Breaking the bonds of ingorance!

The way to win this game is to not turn the ball over and not take sacks. We want the steelers 24th ranked offense to have to drive the max distance to score when they have the football. We need to make them earn every single point.

So which QB is less likely to give up sacks and ints?

In vince young's last 17 games from last season to the opener he averages:

1.53 sacks a game.

Kerry collins gives up .43 sacks a game.

Vince throws 1.1 ints per game.

Kerry this year has thrown .53 ints per start.

Case closed!

Vince has not played!

Vince is more prone to throw an int.

Vince is more prone to sacks.

Vince has not played a good game this year.

Unless we are getting blown out you should not see vince young and since our defense is only going to give up 10 points we are not going to get blown out.

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Vince has only played one game this year.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar