As I said... Chris Johnson will handi-cap this team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Expecting any RB regardless of skill or PAY to make plays when he's hit in the backfield is not even realistic in today's game!

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

then why pay them

draft'em, use'em like you stole'em, rinse & repeat.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I agree. If your O-Line is that bad at run blocking, there's no sense in giving a RB that much money. I guess the front office and coaching staff, like me, expected much better from the O-Line.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you left out the most important part:

"draft'em, use'em like you stole'em, rinse & repeat." - GoT

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

interesting how the O-line did a good job against other teams 1st team defensive line in preseason with Ringer/Harper running the ball. Now that Johnson is back they stop or maybe CJ isn't game ready yet....on no that can't be since he had been working out so hard :suspect:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! TOP 5 in the nfl??? LMAO wow that is comedy. I watched probably 5 games yesterday and every single team had a better o-line by far just from watching a few quarters and seeing the lanes being opened and the pushes they got. The stats from last year showed our o-line was 31st. But you're right they improved from 31st last year to top 5 yesterday, it clearly showed. Get over yourself dude you arent some messiah who points out things that nobody else notices. Your just a dude trying to be different and it's extremely sad that you have to make topics weekly to get attention like this. :suspect:

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Chris Johnson apologists... gotta love them.

I remember when I had to argue with you same types about how it wasn't the O line nor the WRs when you'd make excuses for Eddie George and Steve McNair every Sunday for sucking.

What happened? Some guys named Billy Volek and Skip Hicks proved it. Just as some guy named Harper would do the same thing in this case.

It's not the o-line folks. Sorry. Its your boy. Get over the crush and accept it.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lmao ok "I'm different and think differently than everybody else guy". CJ deserves part of the blame, he wasn't 100% and that was due to his selfishness. That will change though as the weeks go on and what won't change is our awful O-Line which is proven statistically to be awful for the past 17 games. How can you argue with that? Last year they were 31st and CJ was still top 5 in rushing yards. If CJ was replaceable and awful he would not have been up there near the best RB's. CJ is an amazing player, but it's obvious that you can only do so much when you get hit in the backfield and you aren't being used to your strengths. There's plenty of blame to go around and the O-Line deserves a lot of it too along with CJ, and Kerry Collins V2.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

31st by what measure? Our O-line is great in both run blocking and pass blocking- have been for 2 years solid. Actually, they have been since the Titans have been in Tennessee- minus a couple seasons at most.

In sacks allowed they were 5th in the NFL... behind teams like Indy, New Orleans, Atl, NYG, and the Patriots... think that's a coincidence that all those teams right with us are considered to be tops in the league o-line-wise?

And that's with those teams having a far more capable QB to get the ball out quicker.

Titans were first in the league in QB hits allowed. Oh man, they're terrible. No one comes in our backfield, but they've "proven to be terrible", right?

http://football.about.com/od/fantasyfootball/a/Offensive_Line.htm

^oh look. Someone thinks the Titans have the 3rd best in the league...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/431727-line-of-fire-ranking-the-nfls-offensive-lines

Yet again... ranked 3rd in the league. Hmmm...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-olinerankings061810

17th on this one. Middle of the pack. BUT... it's far from 31st.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/article.cfm?article_id=630

#2 there...

You seeing the light yet?... Just saying our o-line is bad because CJ dances for losses doesn't make it so. Our O-line is great. They may have been off Sunday, but they are great. You've apparently been spoiled and wooed by some fast kid that reaps the benefit of their work. It happens... just don't shun the guys solely responsible for CJ being a household name.

10. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I won't hold blame on the O-Line until Harper/Ringer get enough touches. I mean Harper did well on his two plays. IMO it was more playcalling that killed us than anything else. Why didn't Harper play more? No team will win just by running the ball 10-15 times like Titans did yesterday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar