As a game manager QB i'd choose...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 18, 2009.

?
  1. Favre

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Kerry

26 vote(s)
    70.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

in light of Favre's return i wanted to know what people thought. the vikings and titans are very very similar teams now even to a greater extent. who would you rather have under center is my question...

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

A game manager doesn't lead the league in interceptions, Favre is washed up. This isn't even a debate.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. BA Titan

BA Titan Camp Fodder

I rather have an actual qb who can contribute and not a "game manager" or whatever you want to call it. You cannot solely rely on your running game in this league, at least go for the long throw once in a while and not be scared to take a risk.

Between Favre and Collins, Favre has a really good past behind him. While Collins hasn't ever really been that spectacular in his career. It would depend on how much each of them have left in the tank, plus at that age the risk of getting injured is high. I'd take Favre for what he's worth over Collins just because you never know what you're getting with him, especially when he's healthy he can contribute.

4. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

IMO...it's Collins hands down. Sure Favre has "had" the better career obviously, but the key word there is had. With Favre's shoulder problems and the turnover problems he's had, not too mention the "drama" that comes along with him I'd easily take Collins. He's still a solid qb/game mgr for us though.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Honestly, I hate Favre for all of his BS, but if I were a Vikes fan, I'd be incredibly happy. I'd take Favre over Collins if I had my own team. Collins is a smarter QB, but Favre brings a lot more to the table.

All this being said, our offense wouldn't work with him. We'd have to give him his throws. A Cutler, Romo, or Favre-type guy doesn't fit what the Titans are going for. Collins is the man of the hour, and he fits precisely to what Fisher wants, I believe.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah, but what Farve brings to the table is a double edged sword.
    True he brings a lot more to the table game-play wise, but it's negated by his wishy-washy, flip-flop drama queen mindset.
    So that said, Collins scores higher overall/collectively in my book than Farve does.
    I don't think Fisher would want a QB like that on this team anyway. He seems to frown profusely on drama, cry babies and whiners.

7. mdfan

mdfan Starter

IMO Favre beats T.O. as the NFL's #1 diva
    Collins beats out Favre as the QB I want for my team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. amy

amy Starter

I believe Farve is overestimating his ability to last the season. Just because he feels his shoulder is good after the surgery, that doesn't mean it can withstand a long season of throwing. Plus, he hasn't worked out that much lately; I would bet he isn't in nearly the great shape Kerry is in. He didn't get it done for the Jets, and blamed his shoulder, but it could very well have been more than that. All in all, I don't think he has enough to have a winning season. Of course, I could be wrong. But I still think Kerry is the best choice.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To manage a game I pick Collins. Favre doesn't manage games, he wins them or looses them.

As far as some people questioning Favre's comeback, let me ask how many Super Bowls they've been in, and how many records they hold. I like Favre, he's a cool guy. Certainly a bit dramatic at times but come on he's a first ballot Hall of Famer. I'm sure he knows what it takes to play at this level. I wish he would stay or go, not both.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

There's really only about 10 guys in the league right now that I would choose over Favre, and Collins isn't on that list.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar