Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

circle gets a square. I agree.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't get that either. If Billy isn't right for Chow's system, how is Collins any better? Collins doesn't strike me as someone who can complete a lot of the short to medium passes that Chow's system employs, certainly he's career completion percentage and yardage suggest he's a guy who likes to go for the big gains, just like Billy. If it's the system we would be looking at a Brady like QB, quick decisionmaking and good accuracy.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Collins is known for his deep balls. I still think Volek will end up being the man against the Jets. Past that I have no clue.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Maybe Volek isn't a good fit for Chow's offense. Maybe Volek isn't truly NFL starting material. Who knows.
    However I doubt this whole scenario with Collins has anything to do with work ethic.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

John Clayton said Kerry Collins is the stater, and this is like the 5th time I said it.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Well John CLayton is ALWAYS right!!!!!!!! I still think we see A LOT of VY!

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Hammer meets nail. The rest is filler.

8. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

That is what has boiled down to in my opinion. It took camp and preseason for that to bare itself out. Volek is not a starter. Collins is not a great qb, but he has been a starter and had success at both carolina and ny.

I think the right move is to trade billy for whatever they can get for him at this point and be done with it. Collins is the starter this year, and we see very little of VY barring injury.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Whoever starts against the JETs, is going to look better than he really his. This is the game you want to start cause you can ride it for some time.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dont get too confident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar