Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy Volek is gonna start against the Jets...the Chargers game though...

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I hope the guy is right.

3. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Rolltide is right, Fisher knows who will be starting, This is a mental challenge for Volek and Collins as well as the Jets having to prepare for 3 different Qb situations all three with very different styles.. IMO I think Volek starts, I dont think theres any other choice... Although the article certainly points more to opinion and assumptions it has an overall correct point.. Volek has not shown he can do what has been thought he could do under Chow.. Personally I dont like Chows play calls, He lacks balls and taking chances.. Before chow we'd go for it on 4th down to get momentum rolling or let the QB bomb it downfield, or do an onside kick in the first quarter, or fake punts whatever, those type of plays in the right situation build an intensity a momentum that chow hasn't been able to inspire since he got here.. If mcnair got a playcall in the past that didn't work his legs could get him out of it, the same will be true for Vince, but whats Volek going to do, he doesn't have tha bility to take off and make people miss to get the plays.. I believe Volek has more then we've seen lately because we've seen him before pass for 400 yds and win, we've seen him shine before.. I believe the job is still his to lose..

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Young is going to start...at least I hope. let him get his growing pains out of the way early!

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

It's not like Jeff to start a player (especially a skill position) who just came onboard. JEff is a continuity type coach, which leads me to believe that he will start Volek with Collins being the backup ..... you might see Vince in for some "special events"

but, I will stick to my prediction : Vince starts week 8 @ home vs. Houston

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I have my doubts on the accuracy of this article. I constantly heard Volek talk about this as his only opportunity. He knew Young would be the QB by '07. He wanted to create a Brees situation and knew he had one shot at making it work. He was going to go with the receivers to some camp in Arizona though I don't know if it ever happened.

Now we read he was lazy? I ain't buyin'. The team had a number of seasons, along with this offseason, to evaluate his work ethics. I doubt he'd been handed the opportunity if it was a concern. Collins would have been in camp during the OTAs.

Assuming Volek is gone, I assume it has a lot more to do with Volek's inability to make a read, a quick decision or some physical factor than his work habits.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's where Volek might have been negatively influenced by McNair, whom Volek caddied for the past six years.

oh, burn... eat it... wear it... that's such a diss.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I can see that. McNairs MO was to not practice, come early or stay late..hey it worked for him why not me ...lol

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

because you are Billy Volek lol

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Fisher knows right now who is starting, and so does the team. They are just not telling.
    I don't know...my guess is Collins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar