Article on Titans not making playoffs in '08

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Beat Texans and Jags twice and split with Dolts. 5-1 with a division title.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

If we have to split one, it will be against Jacksonville. We were one Brandon Jones away from sweeping the Colts last year. Now that all the offseason stuff is out of the way, I am in full homer mode until February. We will go 6-0 in the AFC South and we will be the champions of the toughest division in football.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

everything that was said all last off-season. he could have at least said something about how our d-line won't be as good or how we lost two starters on the o-line.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Not only do we not make playoffs but he puts us in the basement below the Texans? Come on. Really? Thats the worst insult I have heard in a long time. And although everyone seems to miss it but we always play the Colts well .... Jacksonville scares me though.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

OK i'm not even done reading the first paragraph (steelers) and I'm already squirting the coffee I'm drinking out of my nostrils. *ouch* Can't wait to read the rest.

What dumb reasoning this 'mike florio' character has.

Maybe its from all the wedgies he received as a child.
    [​IMG]

OK.. time to get back to the article.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

His idiotic reasons for the giants not making it:

1) the Giants previously won the Super Bowl in 1986 and in 1990. In both instances, they didn’t qualify for the playoffs the next season.

2) The giants will have a huge bull’s-eye on their backs come September.

and finally: "The pressure will be high, and the potential for dysfunction is still present. If the Giants stumble, and the media swarms and guys such as Michael Strahan, Jeremy Shockey, Plaxico Burress begin to pop off, and Eli pulls his Manning-sized head back into its shell, the outcome in ‘08 could be far different from what it was in ‘07." whatever the hell that means.

That last sentence makes less sense than someone starting a new thread and posting nothing but this:

[​IMG]

7. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Actually, after finally winning in 1986, the players went on a spree of signing deals of all kinds and esentially didn't have the heads into football in 1987. 1990/91 - After the SB XXV win, there was a power struggle between GM George Young and Bill Parcells. Parcells wanted more control, the organization wasn't willing to so he walked as did Bill Belichik. BTW - Tom Coughlin was also an assistant during this time. GM George Young was instrumental in hiring Ray Handley, who's only previous head coaching experience was high school football. His tenure was a time to forget.

IMO - This organization is quite different from either previous SB winner. The ownership [with the elder Mara gone] is much more agressive in many ways. Now add a healthy Jeremy Shockey and newcomer Mario Manningham to the mix. The G-men will be in the mix for years to come. Mark it here.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Um...did anybody here actually read that article?... because he pretty clearly stated from the beginning that he had no clue what he was talking about and was just trying to fill up column inches as a second job. Frankly, I believe him when he writes that.

I also think that he isn't too far off in his prediction for the Titans. I'd love to be proven wrong; but I think the only point that he blew was Chow being a "scapegoat" in the Mike Vick sense of the word.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I think we are 50/50 to get back, but I don't think the main point of his justification was bad. He asserted that we had a ton of money to spend and did very little with it, and we failed to bring in WR help to address our most glaring need. We were fortunate to get in last year, didn't significantly upgrade the roster, had one of the worst drafts according to "experts" and play in the most difficult division. I think we have a shot, but I can't blame someone for putting us on this list. I am excited about this team, and this season, but the front office has taken gambles, and we will see how they play out. Obviously most of the national media is betting against their moves. I hope they are wrong.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

These are the same clowns that have Cleveland eyeing the big prize..
    It's always better to be underestimated..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar