Article lists Tennessee's biggest post draft need as...punter.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

This article comes via Fox Sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9506032/Post-draft-needs-for-all-32-teams

What I find interesting about this is we are one of only two teams whose most pressing need is just special teams. (The other is Philly, with their biggest need being a kicker.) This is a testament to how solid our team is now. From top to bottom, we have good players at every position. Not to say we can't upgrade a few positions, but I have no qualms about going into 2009 with this group of players. First time in a long time we've went into the season without a glaring hole in the line up.

2. wtenn

wtenn Starter

Since Hentrich has signed on for another year, I am not convinced that it is a major need, right now.

3. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

he's getting old and it's good to have competition or a future punter
    but it's good that that's our biggest need

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. wtenn

wtenn Starter

Sure, bring in some competition. But unless that guy is the second coming of Reggie Roby or something, I'm sure he will be cut and Craig will get to finish out on his own terms.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'd say that we haven't adequately prepared ourselves for the departure or injury of Harper yet...

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i didnt think we were in major need anywhere but i think we were in MORE need at WR than a punter

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

hate to go off-topic but since it was mentioned, who is Harper's backup now that Carr and Poole are gone?? I haven't a clue

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

demarcus faggins

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

This is post draft.

Harper's back up is an area of concern for me, too. I'm hoping that either the coaches/scouts saw something in Mouton that makes them think he can become a starter, or McCourty pulls a "Finnegan" on us. Another experienced corner would be nice though.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I gotta think that we're on the phone with Philly right now. What would Sheldon Brown cost us, a 4th rounder or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar