Article critical of Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

How's the produce in Maine?

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

haha its alright....it would be better if it could get above 40 degrees haha..how you doing bro?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Well this year it's put up or shut up for Vince.

If we get him a #1 WR and some good #2's and 3's and he still cannot get it done then i think the Titans will be in a position to start thinking about what to do with VY. if not for our D last season we would be right up there with the Dolphins and Falcons.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I think he was expected to be a 3 year project coming out. I believe if they make the playoffs again even if he has bad stats there's no way they'll think they need a change. And to say we would have been with miami and atlanta is foolish. VY didn't have dramatically worse numbers than his rookie season and they still went 8-8 that year with one of the worst defenses in the league.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think he at least gets this season (2008) and next season (2009) almost regardless of performance in those years. Even if he has bad years, he may get the start of 2010 competing with a rookie for the job.

If the Titans don't get him a real threat at WR then I'm not sure Vince got a fair chance. How nice would it be to have someone that took doubleteams, allowing opportunites for WR2,WR3,& the TE... as well as open up some run plays? We HAVE to draft a WR in the first or second round this season, imo... or I'm at a loss to the "plan".

6. titansfan4eva24

Its amazing after one bad (not horrible) year that people already want to throw him under the bus. Because he had such an awesome rookie year, everyone expected him to be amazing last year. Without any decent targets, a bad quad, and sh***y play calling, what did anyone expect? It was his 2nd year and it is well known that 2nd year QB's tend to have a sophmore slump. He did better then leinart and held his own over cutler. I dont think he was used to all the attention and critics there would be. This has been said over and over again. He will be fine, give it time people.

7. jessestylex

Thats why i want VY to have all the Weapons he can have, it's time to see what he can do. Chow is gone ,we got Alge Crumpler and we need a great WR in the draft. VY has his work cut out for him this season if he gets all the weapons he needs.

I wouldnt mind seeing us Draft a QB in the 5th or 6th round and have him as a back up let him sit back and watch the games. and if VY gets hurt we should stick him in the game and see what he can do.

You never know when VY could get hurt Mobile QB's get banged up a lot, and you never know when the back up QB could come in and play the position better.

8. titansfan4eva24

i agree we should possibly carry 3 Qb's. Kerry isnt getting any younger....or anymore mobile..

9. jessestylex

I think Kerry could do a better job this season than Vince now that we have Alge Crumpler and going to get a WR. Only prob is he is getting old. If Kerry had been in his 20's last season he would have played the Playoff game instead of VY.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

All year long I honestly thought that when the coaches really let Vince throw the ball, he looked better. Vince didn't look very good when we were playing our conservative offense. But when we opened up and let it rip, Vince usually looked sharper. Mike H's offense is a lot more wide open than Chow's, and I think we will see Vince benefit from that this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar