Article critical of Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hear legal drinking age in Arizona is 13.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

----With a new offense being implemented, Young should be at the Titans facility every possible day he can be there. Has the guy ever heard of on-line classes? ----

I was thinking this same thing the other day
    could Vince do this online ?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I have mixed feeling on this, Young enrolled when Chow was the OC. He didn't know he'd need to learn a new offense at the time.

Once he knew, his options were to finish what he started or withdraw. I doubt his classes are available online. Even if they are, many feel the level of learning through online courses is not nearly as high as one in the classroom. I tend to agree.

4. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

bagging vince for going back to school a few days a week would be just like bagging out another player who was doing some charitable work. As if "They should'nt be doing charitable work when they could be spending that time with their team-mates and coaches working out and trying to get better". It doesn't work like that. You can't train and work out 16hrs a day, 7 days a week. Does anyone know how much actual time vince is spending at the facility?? if he is there for 40hrs every week is that not enough?? Does is matter if it takes him 5 days to do that or if he can fit that into 3 days?? What if he spends 10hrs a week at home reading playbooks?? does he have to be at the facility to do that?? Or does that not count?? Without knowing all the facts about every minute of his time that he spends, there can never be anything read into or written about acurrately by anyone except vince and his coaches. I don't think fish is going to let vince get him fired by not working hard enough.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Either way, with or without Chow, he should've been learning the Offense, someone's offense, because he had a terrible year and the first thing you want your franchise player to do is be determined to improve, not run away and go back to where everyone puts you back on the pedestal because his **** smells like roses. it's got to do with business. Get your career started before you go back to school. Every athlete does it, they just give it more time so they can succeed at the professional level. Prisco is absolutely right, this is a very crucial time for Vince, he's gotta be learning everyday from Dinger, cause Dinger is gonna lay in to him. Same if it was Chow, that just shows a great deal of arrogance from Young thinking that he's good enough to take the summer off to go back to school and not work on his game.

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Uh-oh. I hope nobody tells Chris Henry.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Or maybe it just shows a great deal of ignorance from you considering his college courses end in May.

He's putting in the work, DURING THE FREAKING OFFSEASON, that he isn't even required to do, to better himself for the next season.

Talk to me when he is skipping mandatory practices and preseason games. Until then I have no reason to believe Vince isn't preparing for next season.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Even if the girls pictured with Leinart were under 21, I don't see the big deal. Unless they were under 18, and even then I think the law is rather arbitrary about that age.

But if the girls were say, over 18 but under 21, I personally would care less. Many college girls are going to drink and be under 21.

It's a pretty stupid law really.

Now, if Leinart is forcing them to do beer bongs at gunpoint, then I have a problem with it. But if he is partying with girls that would be out partying anyway, then I just don't care.

Let the man party.

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Vince is going to be in nashville 24/7 starting in early may. He's putting in the work he needs to now and then will continue to work through the summer. I really just don't understand what you guys think he needs to be doing right now. The season's more than 5 months away and you want the guy at BSP every day for 12 hours. You guys also keep referring this as work for him. I don't want a quarterback who considers football work when he shows up on sunday. I want a qb who loves playing the game and is passionate about it.

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

This is like saying that I don't think smoking weed is wrong so let all NFL players smoke. Obviously the girls are going to be drinking but if you're an nfl star you shouldn't be providing them alcohol. He's matt leinart he can't get some hot 21 year olds over. I think guys were just pointing out that prisco said he's not doing anything illegal when in fact he's doing something that I've seen people get arrested for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar