Armageddon is upon us. I'm typing from a Mac.

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Well the standard MacBook is dead, so it's a good thing you got a MBP... :D

I've basically told people who wanted a MacBook and want the DVD drive to get the low end MBP.
  2. Ryudo

Ryudo The wall crusher!

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Once you go to Mac, you never come back.

Atleast for me.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk.
  4. Ryudo

Ryudo The wall crusher!

Went mac quickly came back. Don't want that 6 months back. And couple times a week when at my buddies I use his mac a bit and keep wishing i was using my PC again.
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I actually just made the switch back to Windows PC after being exclusively a Mac user for the better part of the past decade. I probably still prefer the Mac OS but I simply couldn't justify the prices anymore. And I must say I experienced just about as many problems with Macs as I did with a (properly cared for) Windows system.

I just bought a Dell with a 3.4 GHz i7 processor, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB HD, Radeon HD 6770 graphics, BD-R/DVD-RW drive for $1200. While the MacPro starts at $2500 with just 2.8GHz, 3BG RAM, 1TB HD. It's just insanity. Macs are very nice machines. I just personally don't think they're THAT nice as to justify the price tags. Not to mention the compatibility issues you still run into all too often with Macs.
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was referring to the MacBook Air.

Yep... that's the one I got.
  7. RavensShallBurn

Not the basic MBP... the one I got was $1138.
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Sorry, I should've been more clear. I was referring to the MacPro towers, not the laptops.
  9. RavensShallBurn

Yessir. That'd be the one... the only BB I go to.

I was also there last night picking up Eastbound season 2 before the sale ended. I walked out right at 9pm when they closed and there were still AT LEAST 50 customers in the store.

Well, I should've realized that. I just never think about their desktops. I've never personally owned a desktop and I won't really have much need for one over the next few years.
  10. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

The only things I can remember you bringing up are price and trendiness. You will get no argument from me about the price, which is why I went with a Vaio last year when I was in the market for a new laptop(and it can play BR discs).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.