Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Armageddon is upon us. I'm typing from a Mac.

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    what did you get ? specifically
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,463
    the 21" iMac.
  3. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    year?
    cpu clock?
    gpu?
    ram?
    these are the things I mean by specifically
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,377
    Great, Steve Jobs needs to tell someone why his opinion on a Mac is wrong.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,463
    There are like 2 models... I'm not sure? It's not as if they have many options...

http://www.apple.com/imac/performance.html

I will say I like the simplicity aesthetically. One chord... wireless mouse, small wireless keyboard.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,085
    BUMP

The day has finally come for me. I will be getting a new laptop today. I'm sold on a Macbook, as I've been wanting one for years. I need to take advantage of tax free weekend and also use a coupon that gives me a $130 Best Buy gift card with a purchase of $1000 or more.

So I know this has been debated before, and I have read through some of the older threads on here as well as some googling... I'm just wondering what everyone thinks I should get... Macbook or Macbook Pro?

I would consider my computer use pretty basic... though I may take advantage of extra features depending on what they may be. I'm TERRIBLE when it comes to computer knowledge.

I definitely like the look of the MBP more and how it has a bigger screen, but other than that, I'm not sure I would need the extra perks. I've heard there are problems with the MBP screen though.

I hear MBP runs faster? True or false?

At the end of the day, this is going to be a gift to me, but I don't like family way overpaying for something if I'm not going to use the extra features.
  6. Ryudo The wall crusher!

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $367
    [IMG]
  7. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,274
  8. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,970
    I'd be all over the Macbook Air IF it had a DVD drive. How am I supposed to watch DVDs in class?!
  9. Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Moolah:
    $0
    Macbook regular should be fine... the only people I recommend spending the extra $$ for Pro would be those that need the extra speed and space for professional programs career-related. If it's mostly a recreational computer, save the money and go for regular Macbook.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.