Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Armageddon is upon us. I'm typing from a Mac.

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    There's not much difference in what it is and how it works other than the one huge, glaring notable difference in stability in the source code. Windows is a plague which invites other plagues; the Apple OS isn't. At some point, Apple will be a large enough corporation to be considered Evil and it will become a plague also. Attacks on it's code will increase exponentially.

As for it's software, meh... it's okay. I don't use iPhoto or iAnything if I can avoid it. However, the whole reason I bought a Mac was to use EMagic's Logic pro audio software, which is a Mac-only application. For me, totally worth it because I DESPISE Cubase, ProTools and all it's derivitives.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,633
    DAW snob.
    • Tip Jar Donor

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    Yep! :D It looks like Windows Paint to me. I DO NOT LIKE buttons with glyphs on them.

I see that the auto industry has moved towards that, though... yesterday we rented one of the new Chevys, and when it's night and the dashboard lights up, it's just a wall of buttons with pictures on them. Things are gonna cause and accident, I tells ya...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,633
    I rented the new QX56 last week - with those strange new proximity cameras. That stuff is flat out space-age. One step away from the fabled video-scree windshield.
    • Tip Jar Donor

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    Yeah, the Traverse has a video screen in the rear view mirror that appears when you shift to reverse. Wacky.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,633
    Backup cameras are pretty common now, but this QX thing used cameras from all around the car to create an "above image" of the car showing everything within the proximity.. Shown to the right of the backup cam

[IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    Next step: car drives itself.
    I, for one, welcome our computer overlords.
  1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,562
    Can I come work with you, CC?
  2. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    as soon as you get used to Snow Leopard (assuming you're using 10.6) , OSX Lion comes out in a few months
  3. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    stability , longevity , and to some simplicity

my daughter is in the next room playing on an iMac G5 (circa 2005)
    it runs about as good a it did new

the wife has replaced 2 windows laptops in that timespan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.