Arik Armstead

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Can someone tell me a bit more about him. Im considering the possible trade with the browns that will net us 12 and 19. I really like Parker at 12 and am thinking about who I would like at 19. I still think a quality 3-4 DE would be good and see most people have him as the 2 or 3 best 3-4 DE this year. Worth number #19?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Armstead a little, but IMO he's not who you pick with a 1st rounder. Those are reserved for studs, and although he's huge he's not a difference maker.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Better off to wait until the later rounds to get a 3-4 defensive end.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea Seattle made it to 2 Super Bowls with a bunch of mid-round linemen and even some undrafted ones

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

To me he doesn't have the production to warrant the hype he's gotten. He's gotten a lot of attention because of the athletic specimen he is, but that athleticism hasn't translated to the field.

If you're thinking OLB in that range you'd be better off going with Bud Dupree from Kentucky. But I'm with @xpmar9x, #19 is the perfect spot for an OT. Collins or even Scherff if he fell would give us bookend OT's (with Lewan) for 10 years.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yeah, production not there at all...he could end up being a beast, but I think I would much rather get malcolm brown at 19 if that scenario were to happen.

I'd still take one of the rbs over everyone else though.

8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I doubt Bud will be at 19. An OT would be good as well, but hoping for Barksdale so we can go in a different direction. I like the RB talk, but cant see it happening. Whiz said that Sankey will be the teams bell cow next year. Could be a cover, but no reason to cover something that will happen that low in the draft. So I dont think they see it as a need as much as we do. More than likely a RB will be picked between 3-5.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

12: Devante Parker
    19: Todd Gurley
    33: TJ Clemmings
    43: OLB, CB, or DL

Id love that.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I am a huge Oregon Duck fan, and I have watched Armstead for 3 years. Count me completely unimpressed. At his size, he should have been dominating at the college level, but he rarely did. To me he seems soft and is not that aggressive. There is no way I would take him in the first or second . . . or even with our 3rd. Does he have potential with his size and strength? Sure, but from what I have seen in 3 years watching every Duck game, I see bust written all over him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar