Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Arian Foster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Mar 5, 2012.

1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
    Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...new-contract-star-rb-arian-foster-source-says

Smart move by the Texans. Foster basically led that teams offense, especially when Schaub went down. I'm interested in what kind of $$ Foster got... rumored he got only $30M.

Texans now still have the franchise tag that they could use on Meyers or Mario. My bet is it'll be for Meyers. If Foster signs a pretty big deal, and they Keep Meyers for good money, they may not have any money for Mario. URFA here he comes!

Overall, smart move by Texans locking him up for 5 years and avoiding the stupid franchise tag. Thoughts?
  2. ScotTitan Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $902
    Mario hitting FA is the only thing I care about, it looks like this may have made it one step closer.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,034
    So 5 year/$30mil???

Sounds like they have a humble RB on their hands, unlike us.
  4. Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Moolah:
    $11
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,034
    Makes a lot more sense.

I figured every back who had a better year than CJ (a lot of backs) would be claiming they're worth more than $10mil a year. I'm surprised he wasn't able to get a better deal.
  6. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
  7. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,074
    That's what happens when your HB is more worried about wins and losses as opposed to dollar signs and Twatter.
  8. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,448
    I don't know that I'd call paying a guy $43.5 million a "smart move" when Gary Kubiak has always been able to generate yards on the ground. I do feel that if this hadn't been Foster, Houston would have allowed their RB to walk. Foster has been a great pro so I see why they didn't let him leave.
  9. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,350
    Or, more accurately, it's what happens when the RB is an undrafted RFA who is playing for pennies and is far more desperate to sign a contract that will set him up for life.
    3 people high five this.
  10. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,034
    He was making more than the President of the US makes. That's not pennies.

Also, how much did CJ make in 2009? Pretty similar to what Foster made each the past two seasons... He definitely could've got a better deal. 5 years/$50mil is what he should've gone for.