Arian Foster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...new-contract-star-rb-arian-foster-source-says

Smart move by the Texans. Foster basically led that teams offense, especially when Schaub went down. I'm interested in what kind of $$ Foster got... rumored he got only $30M.

Texans now still have the franchise tag that they could use on Meyers or Mario. My bet is it'll be for Meyers. If Foster signs a pretty big deal, and they Keep Meyers for good money, they may not have any money for Mario. URFA here he comes!

Overall, smart move by Texans locking him up for 5 years and avoiding the stupid franchise tag. Thoughts?

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Mario hitting FA is the only thing I care about, it looks like this may have made it one step closer.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So 5 year/$30mil???

Sounds like they have a humble RB on their hands, unlike us.

4. RavensShallBurn

Makes a lot more sense.

I figured every back who had a better year than CJ (a lot of backs) would be claiming they're worth more than $10mil a year. I'm surprised he wasn't able to get a better deal.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

That's what happens when your HB is more worried about wins and losses as opposed to dollar signs and Twatter.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't know that I'd call paying a guy $43.5 million a "smart move" when Gary Kubiak has always been able to generate yards on the ground. I do feel that if this hadn't been Foster, Houston would have allowed their RB to walk. Foster has been a great pro so I see why they didn't let him leave.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Or, more accurately, it's what happens when the RB is an undrafted RFA who is playing for pennies and is far more desperate to sign a contract that will set him up for life.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. RavensShallBurn

He was making more than the President of the US makes. That's not pennies.

Also, how much did CJ make in 2009? Pretty similar to what Foster made each the past two seasons... He definitely could've got a better deal. 5 years/$50mil is what he should've gone for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar