Are you tired of Fish?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Dec 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes, I was done with Fish once we started 0-6

25 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. Yes, his "play to keep it close" mentality nearly cost us today's game

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. No, there were other factors to blame for our start (Cecil, injuries)

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. No, he has turned the team around and deserves credit

10 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. Waiting til the end of the season to decide

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Simple question with multiple choices.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yes after 0-6.

Brain dead starting line up decisions and his depressingly predictable style of play when protecting a second half lead. Give him a 1pt lead and he shuts down the entire frikkin team.:irked:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

Fisher is a good HC, his style can be frustrating but I don't want to give up a good head coach with a great staff for an unknown. Look at all the teams with question marks at the HC spot (Houston, Washington, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, St Louis, Tampa, Buffalo, Oakland, KC, Dallas) don't you think those teams would love to have Fisher? I'd much rather be in our situation than that of any of those teams.

The only coach I would trade Fisher for in an instant is Belichick.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His record speaks for itself. His coaching style speaks for the record. And unless ESPN speaks- no one sees him as anything other than an AVERAGE coach that'll never win anything important.

Time to take a gamble rather than knowing exactly what we're going to get. If he can't change- Bud Adams should.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

But he's the longest tenured coach in the NFL, that automatically makes him awesome.

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I'll take option 6..i've BEEN tired

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As a 16 year old I didn't like this douche. Now as a 23 year old, I still dislike his style. I'm sure he's a great guy in every day life, but come Sundays his garbage ways must go. Can someone make a count down for 2012, because I'm 100% sure he's back next season and the 2 after that. I'd almost ask for a 3-13 season if it meant moving on without Fisher the following season. I know we never know what we'll get after him, but whats the worst that can happen; we still don't win a Super Bowl? He'll NEVER win a championship as head coach of the Titans.

8. Titanfan2009

Titanfan2009 Starter

He's not going anywhere, regardless of message board talk. Bud is probably conservative in most aspects of his life, and so he's not going to rock the boat at this point. Agree? Here's why I think Fisher will be here, at least through this contract he's under:

1. The rocky move from Houston to Memphis to Vanderbilt to LP Field was managed wonderfully by Fisher. I don't think anyone doubts that. My feeling is that Bud is in some ways still endeared to the coach for those seasons.

2. Fisher has at times indeed gotten more out of less. That should not give him a free pass for the poor coaching choices he makes though.

3. Going with my assumption that Bud is fairly conservative, why would he go for the unknown when he thinks that Fisher has the coaching capacity to actually win the big one, given the right circumstances?

4. What makes anyone think that [fill in coach's name] would come in and all of the sudden the Titans would begin beating every team by 20 points and winning rings every other year? Remember, Bill Cowher has only 1 ring. And several losing seasons.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who ever eventually replaces Fisher would have to do something similar to what Parcells has done in Miami and everywhere else he's gone. Flip the script and draft his own type of players to develop and keep. Not to draft and waste time and money. Build around those players, and make them stars.

Anyone know if the Taliban are for hire, I have a job for them.

10. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

He plays not to lose and doesn't trust his QB's including VY. I was pissed at the end of the 1st half when they had about 30 seconds left and then decided not to get some more points.

Then you have them pinned at the 5 yard line and don't call time out at the end of regulation. Why? Because you are afraid they will get a 1st down? Come on!

Lets not mention the conservative play calling all the way to the end.

Fish, trust your offense. They are not a turnover machine. They can create more positive plays than negative plays. My head was about to explode by the end of that game. It reminded me of when we lost to Mac with the Ravens when we had the big lead. It would have been, next to the 35-3 Buffalo debacle, the worst loss in Titans history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar