Are you sure CB is not one of our top 2 needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cason is the 9th fastest corner out of the top 10 prospects with only brandon flowers slower. There were 5 corners who ran sub 4.40 40s and he ran a 4.48.

I don't see us going corner in rd 1 because the guys we would want the most mckelvin and drc will be gone and no other corner may be up to par. Jenkins has some character issues.

Porter is a solid big ten corner with sub 4.4 speed. A great pick i think in the 2nd. Lee out of auburn is an interesting guy there and king from penn state is the fastest of them all.

We may have to move up in the 2nd to get the player we want.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Go ahead and pick King because of his speed because he can't cover for s***.

Cason ran a 4.48 OMG wow big deal he is a smooth athlete that can drop his hips and run. He has been a playmaker since his freshman year and has good size. 4.48 speed is fast FYI at 6'0 185 lbs. He is just as good as Jenkins, Talib, and DRC. I think he's the #3 CB behind McKelvin and Jenkins.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I said cason would be a good 2nd rd pick and probably worth moving up in that rd to draft. I just wonder if he is that much better than these other guys to take 24th.

Porter played in the big ten and had 83 tackles with 6 ints last year. Porter in rd 2 is a better value than cason in rd 1. In fact porter in rd 2 when we pick is one of the best values there is.

Porter ran an average 40 time of 4.30 on his pro day!

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why no love for brandon flowers?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Flowers athletically is not on a par with some of these other guys. Aside from his 4.55 40 time he had lower combine numbers all around. He didn't jump as high or far, his other speed times were mediocre and he was even out lifted by most with just 14.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cason vs porter...

Cason.....................................Porter

6'0...................................................5'11 188

4.48 40..............................................4.37

35 1/2 vertical.....................................34

20 reps...............................................18

Stats

Cason
    71 tackles
    5 ints
    15 career ints

Porter
    83 tackles
    6 ints
    16 career ints

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I actually see that as beneficial if his combine stats fall. While I like to see us draft gifted athletes, none of them run 4.3's with pads on. What I saw of him in the draft forum was pretty impressive.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I would take Cason over Porter. No questions asked.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ah, the workout numbers. gotta love how people put more stock into them than what they see on the field.

brandon flowers produced as well as anyone in the nation at corner, but because he didn't run a 4.4 he's not on par with the other guys.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Thank you.....people have told me Cason isn't very fast because we want 4.3's and he ran a high 4.4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar