Are you sure CB is not one of our top 2 needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah he times faster than he plays but he reminds of of Al Harris he isn't the fast but has good technique and gets physical.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's not all that physical. watch him the whole play, nelson whoops him right off the line of scrimmage when talib is trying to press him.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Nelson made Talib look bad I'll give him that. Talib isn't my number one corner but I still think he would do well in a system like Green Bays.

CB:

1. Leodis McKelvin
    2. Mike Jenkins
    3. DRC
    4. Antoine Cason
    5. Aqib Talib

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Everyone BUT Pacman and the Titans. A Dallas fan asked Pacman if he'd like to play for the Cowboys, and he said he would. This is true, but it's still fluff. He's not even requested to be traded yet. The Titans have only been quiet. Until you hear Pacman demand to be traded, or the Titans announce they are making a trade or releasing him, this media hype is only fluff. I'm not living under a rock, just trying to keep my eyes and my mind open. It's obviously something our GM would like to know more about going into the draft.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Isn't Andre Dyson a FA? I'd like to bring him back too.

6. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Personally I am growing tired of the cries for a WR on the talk radio stations. What in the last ten years has made anyone think we will throw to them that much? I am not opposed to using our first pick for a WR but I think our bigger need is at DE. I hope Kearse will shock the world but I don't see it happening. As for our draft I think we go DE in the first, we go WR second, pick a CB in the third and take a Gaurd (this draft is deep here) in the fourth.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This team must have set an NFL record for dropped passes last season, and maybe a few single game records (Denver game comes to mind). Enough dropped passes to possibly cost a home game in the postseason??
    I'd say yeah we need help at WR.

8. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

I agree we need help, but Fisherball is Fisherball. We need above everything a running back that can do this. The system screams for it. I hope that person is on the roster but I have doubts. We probably spend another pick here.

Your right about the dropped passes, we agree there is a need I just don't think the FO agrees here. I would not be shocked if reciever is drafted even lower than round two. Fisher was singing the praises of the depth at WR in this years draft class, I think he could be setting us up for another 4th or 5th round special.

I reinterate that CB is a position of need but probably not in the first two rounds. After all a first round DE pick could help the CB's more than another body.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

You make some good points...However, I still think that Alge Crumpler isn't going to fix our offense. We need to draft WR in the first, DE in the second, CB in the third, G in the fourth....and so on...

I think Kearse may surprise people. He's going to get back to doing what he does best, and that's getting after the quarterback. In Philly he was constantly doing the opposite because of their defensive strategies. Apparently he's healthy, so who knows? He might light it up next year, and it didn't break our bank to sign him. But I do agree that DE is a big issue and sooner or later it will have to be addressed.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

You can't go into a draft wth tunnel vision....BPA but in a position of need.

WR/DE/CB I think we take the BPA at one of those positions.

So if a top CB falls and he rated higher than so and so WR or DE take the CB and adjust from there. The Draft is too unpredictable to go in there and say this position this round and this position next round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar