Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Are you rooting for the Dolphins next week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Who are you rooting for next week?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2012.
Go Dolphins! 10 vote(s) 19.6%
Titan Up! 41 vote(s) 80.4%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,901
    We would've definitely beaten the Colts with Peyton... and one other game - either Vikings or Texans.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Moolah:
    $802

One problem though - A new horse won't be stump broke....
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,380
    I root for the titans to win even with Hass at the helm... Bt I know to temper my expectations. And the outcome of losing would mean change, we need. Higher draft pick... Mediocre teams stay mediocre until they fall completely off and **** changes... Unfortunate
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    Well, Manning lost to the Texans at home.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,901
    But look at the actual game when we faced the Texans. It was 14-7 at halftime, we held them to under 100 yards rushing, and Hasselbeck gave them 14 points and took points away from us.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    The second Hasselbeck INT was with only four minutes left in the game. The second Titans TD was even more garbage time. They could have beaten the Titans by as much as they wanted in that game.

Manning had a passer rating of 83 on them completing just 50% of his attempts. Look, he's a special QB but I don't see him being anything close to helping the Titans be 24 points better.
    BiscoPhan11 high fives this.
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,901
    Regardless of what time it came at, you're still counting all 24 points, so it should be counted as well.

Half of the points we give up are coming from our offense's inability to sustain drives and too many three and outs. That doesn't happen often with Peyton. Our defense played pretty well against the Texans besides maybe their first drive. CJ was running well, so add Peyton into the mix and I see a W, personally.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    I'm attempting to take the scoring in context to when it happened. Their last INT for a TD happened when the game was already decided. As was final TD was just before the end of the game.

So let's pretend Hass doesn't make the INT for a TD which took the game to 21-7. They scored again on their next drive making it 28-7 (without the Hass INT it's 21-7). The next time they got the ball they went totally conservative. Hass fumbles and they get another FG. If you want to take that away, you still have a 14-point game with 4 minutes to go when Hass makes the last INT.

If they don't go conservative in the fourth, you know they score another TD or two.

We'll have to just disagree on this as I don't see the Titans defense stopping them any more than they've stopped anyone else this season. It's not like Manning lit them up in his own stadium.
  5. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,003
    On a slightly off-topic, but related note: Today on 3HL they were asking the question "As a UT fan, are you now rooting for UT to lose to assure Dooley is fired?" They said they'd estimate about 70% of the responses they received said they wanted UT to lose.

Just found that interesting, considering the original topic of this thread.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,880
    Lot of fake ass Titans fans out there. Enjoy rooting for the dolphins this weekend. Losers.
    JCBRAVE, Scarecrow and mdfan high five this.