Are you ready to rent a pet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. But kids don't get upset with you and leave a present on your bed. Mine don't at least.

Drunk relative pisses somewhere in the house and they'll be cut-off.

Anyway - anyone want to rent a dog? I have 2.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think dogs are capable of spite...

3. Deuce Wayne

We used to have a dog. Any time it got in trouble, it'd poop on my dad or his wife's side of the bed- depending on which got on to him.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cats are.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And have been for centuries

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

They would rent cats out, but you can't return them post-microwaving, so no one even bothers.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

They should make a rent-a-go-titanser and I would take you all to get fixed or turn you lose on the interstate. I love my dogs more than I do most people.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Scott Campbell is a major player in the pet industry. He invented VetsMart/Banfield and a few other very successful enterprises. When I heard the idea I thought of many of the same flaws - and no doubt there are things that need to be worked out but if you consider who is the venture is targeting it is indeed an ingenious plan.

- Health care for the pet is included in the plan. Sorry but this is HUGE. I have worked in the industry for a long time and can attest to the FACT that most pet owners do not care for their pets' health properly.

- Pet matching.. sounds silly but this as well is HUGE problem in the US. Wrongly picked pets = death sentence. On the coasts "given up on" pets might get a shot in a rescue before being euthanized. In Tennessee it's more often that people just drop the dog off on the side of the road.

- Same thing for elderly, sick or folks unable to continue to care for their pet. Those pets end up dead in most cases. Sad to consider but it's flat out true.

- Behavior training. Another huge reason pets end up on the side of the road in TN. Even if you commit to training the pet yourself it ain't always easy - that is for sure..

- Boarding and grooming is included. Many folks want but can't have a pet because they travel a lot. I've been there. A boarding plan opens those doors..

The key is that it is not going to be a replacement for traditional pet owning, but for some folks with certain challenges and needs it is entirely perfect..

9. Deuce Wayne

I hear this a lot.

And I kind of understand, but then I actually think about it and don't.

The first dog that actually contributes to society- I'll change my mind, though.

Dogs aren't even trying to find a cure for cancer right now. They don't even care.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Pet pigs work 10x better, and i'm serious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar