Are you for or against the NFL eventually putting a team in another country?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 13, 2013.

?
  1. I am for the NFL putting a team in another country

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. I am against the NFL putting a team in another country

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Not sure

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Could work. Cowboys have a huge following I understand in mexico.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The NFL has nothing to gain from watering down the current product, which is TV ratings gold. There aren't even enough good starting quarterbacks for 32 teams. I don't see expansion on the horizon any time soon.

That leaves relocation. I could see a team or two moving to London or Toronto. I don't think it would change things too much for fans in the US, frankly, so I don't know why people would be against it. I don't know that it's something we'll see happen any time soon, though. There are way too many impediments: lack of stadiums, time zone issues, loss of revenue (TV ratings in other countries don't count), etc.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I think Toronto and Mexico City are good options but it would be tough to fly to Europe on a regular basis for teams in the division. Its bound to happen though...

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Whats the economy like outside of Mexico City? Is it even safe to walk down the street?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive been thinking a lot about the Jags going out to LA, but then I realized LA wont embrace a losing team, so they'd eventually leave LA just as every other NFL team has.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

In Canada- ok.

Anywhere else? No.

The jet-lag would be hell on players. It'd mess them up for 2 weeks or more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As far as Mexico City, can Americans even own land in Mexico? I thought that was made illegal by the Mexican government. How do you expect players to live in Mexico without being able to own a house, rent? I'll be damned if I'm a 30-year old millionaire renting a house.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

More to the point, asking players to move countries is a big big ask.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

With straight lines like this...wait for it....They are already asked to live in Detroit. LOL Third world country no less. LOL Cue dunce rebuttal.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I'm not 'against' having teams on other countries. I'd be okay with it if it were Mexico or Canada. Europe is just to far away though IMO. It makes travelling to difficult. We already complain when travelling to play west coast teams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar