Are we overestimating our RB need?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SawdustMan, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

To say "at least as good as" something means equal or greater. He's not an equal running back, but since you want to go down this path.

Even adding in all of his stats, still far below Chris Johnson every single season he's been in the NFL...

Sure I'll give you he's a better receiver since he plays WR more than anything else. Although he only had 2 TDs last year, and 5TDs total for his career. CJ had 4 just last year receiving. I'd take more points over another ~150 yards (under 10 yards a game).

11 more catches, ~150 yards and 12 less points on the board. How is that going to help the running game, or an upgrade of any sort in the backfield?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wasnt all about anyone. I just think so low of Jackie Battle that I said some bus driver had more upside.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We need to draft a RB end of story

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I can't quote either with my Surface Pro, but can with this old computer at work. No idea, as I have never used tapatalk.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is free and pretty good. Just have to get used to it.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ivory starts for the Jets, undrafted. The kid Robinson of the Saints was rated the 56th best RB the year he came out by nfl draft scout and was not drafted. Damn nice looking back.

Foster was not drafted either. Bradshaw was a 7th rd pick as was Pierre Thomas. Vick Ballard was a 5th rd pick.

Seems like undrafted or late drafted RBs have big games against us al the time.

You can get a good back in rd 4 and later QBs are very hard to find there.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I suggested this not too long ago and people thought I was an idiot.

8. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I'm comfortable with Greene as our lead back. What I'm not comfortable with his the depth of the position. I would be fine with a late round pick 5th round and back, then also bring in an undrafted free agent or two.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I like looking at 7 rnd mocks just to get an idea of how the need of teams and depth of the draft coincide. In the last Draftek 7rnd mock they had Devonta Freeman, Marion Grice, Tyler Gaffney, Jerick McKinnon and Antonio Andrews all going in the 7th rnd. Tells me we can get a RBBC type of guy late in this draft.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Jus a natural reaction to your thoughts hombre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar