Are we overestimating our RB need?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SawdustMan, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Titans long standing recipe has been no-gain up the gut, incomplete pass to the RB or TE then 3rd and long.
    At least it has been consistent..

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I like it just because of the awesome swiss army knife tie in reference.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We need to draft 2 rb this week. Our rb core maybe the worst in the league as we sit today

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So we're siting here with only 6 picks and major needs on defense as well as that pesky ole QB position, and you want to use 1/3rd of them on RBs, the most plug-and-play position on offense (arguably on the entire field)?

As far as our RB talent, it's not great by any means but I also don't think it's as awful as some people are making it out to be. I certainly don't think we're the worst in the league (taken a look at Jacksonville's group lately?). I'm not trying to deny we're near the bottom though. But the point of this thread was do we have enough to get by without having to use a top 42 pick on the position? I think we absolutely do. Others think not, and I believe they make some fair arguments.

I'll be disappointed, but not angry, if we draft a RB in the 2nd. However if we use 2 of our 6 picks on the position I'll be livid. And I'd imagine the majority of fans would be as well.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

One rb I'd select in the 2nd. Hyde.

4th rounders after that an then pick up one or two UDFA rbs

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think I'd be fine with Hyde. Like I said, maybe a little disappointed but not angry. If we didn't have such huge needs at QB and pass rush I'd have zero problem with RB in the 2nd. But ultimately I have faith in the FO so whatever they do I'll give it a chance.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I could see us going offense heavy with a 4th and 5th selections of NT and ILB.

Pass rush is great when you have a qb, we don't.

Jj watt... Killed it last season. Aaaaand they won 2 games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar