Are we missing something: Derrick Morgan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I don't see it. Personally I think Morgan is awfully average. This whole notion of being a great "all around" end is ridiculous. I don't care at all if he's decent at stopping the run, his job, first and foremost, is sacking the quarterback. He should stop the run on his way to the quarterback. He is slow and has virtually no burst around the edge, not to mention he has a limited arsenal of pass rushing moves. I have a bad feeling we'll re-sign him but I honestly think we need to move on from him and get some legit pass rushers.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sacks are overrated. You all cant this superficial to say Derrick Morgan is a bad DE

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What do you mean "All?"

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He's not a bad DE, but he is also not outstanding in any way.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Morgan doesn't get the sacks, but he's gets pressure and is good against the run. Is he great? No. Is he good? Yes. He's an above average starting DE in the league.

Now, we need to cut that expensive trash in Wimbley. Pito is decent, he's more of a backup DE. We need a TRUE pass-rushing DE to pair with Morgan and have Pito/Edwards backing them up. I'm wanting DE in the 1st or 2nd round this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Aside from points allowed, I'd argue that sacks are the most important thing a defense can do. Sack are devastating. They end the play, as opposed to pressures. It's a loss of a down and yards for the offense, that's crippling. I'd venture a guess that drives that include a sack result in points at a much lesser rate than those that don't.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Pito is extremely solid in the run defense and getting a lot of pressure, but he is a huge liability when a QB gets to the outside. That's the only knock I have on him so far. I'm very impressed with him to be honest..

PS: Do you need me to relay any messages to anyone on the Bulls tonight when I play them?

8. nickmsmith

Yes. Tell them that you're not really Lebron James.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

yeah. you're right. Almost making the big play is so much more meaningful than making the play. It's the effort that counts. You tried hard, Derrick. Gold Star!!!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok, show me any DE we'd be better off with.... You can go from the 17th pick in the 2010 draft to any free agent since then. Lets compare the numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar