Are we good enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Bironas is proving himself to be a phenomenal clutch kicker this season. He is showing a pattern, though, of not doing well with any type of physical adversity. The groin injury obviously messed him up pretty badly. Also, if you'll remember his first week here after we brought him into camp he kicked pretty poorly. He had some kind of head cold or flu bug or something. As soon as he came out of that he started kicking lights out.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think if we beat the Jags next week were goin to the playoffs

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i like your optimism, but it is unlikely.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Unlikely but think about it, Colts still havent clinched, so the wild card will be close when they do, and for the tiebreaker with the jags, theyre 0-2 against the Texans, were 2-0, we both split with the Colts and we can split with eachother, that would put us in if we beat them and finish against the sub par bills and the banged up Pats, not to mention it will be easy to beat the pats considering theyll need to rest their players for the 1st round.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Not yet, but a Titan's win over the Jags will clinch the division for the Colts :evil:

As of Week 13
    Jags (8-5) have two Texans loss and a Colts loss
    Colts (10-3) have a win against all three division teams

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The wins we have compiled in the last few days really do little to address our issues... that's where you lose me.

I completely agree that we have significant needs in the offseason, and a lot of work to do to be a favored team in the playoffs, but the last 8 weeks HAVE addressed some of our biggest problems. Last year, we were mailing it in. We We didn't know if Mac would be back, and no one seemed to be putting their all into every game. It seemed like the leaders we had weren't motivated to finish out the season. There was NO confidence in this team, no belief in each other. That's changed. I liked the quote the other day that everyone is playing for the guys next to them. Our additude has changed, and even if we lose this weekend and are out of the playoffs, I think we'll see us come hard the last two. The difference is that we're playing full games. I'd like to see us full on beat a team for 4 quarters too, but we'll work on that.

We're a young team. Both guards are second years, as are both corners. Our nickle is a rookie, our QB, FB, and backup RB are rookies. Three of our WR are second years, and none of them have had that much time working with Vince. The Volek/Collins fiasco was a major stumbling block there, no one knew who was going to be the guy to start the season. In the last three or four weeks, I think we've seen the number of drops cut in half. Give the WRs a little time, chemistry will develop in the offseason. Once Givens comes back, he's a reliable guy. I think our WR will start looking a lot better next year.

This team needs work, but for the first time in a few years we're moving in a positive direction, and it seems like everyone is on the same page. That's a corner we've needed to turn for a while.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I never ceased to be amazed at the people that complain about Bennett. Every receiver in this league drops passes. No one even mentions how Hall fumbled and cost us a scoring opportunity. Bennett is the least of our problems right now. No matter how many great catches he makes (like the one in triple coverage in the Colts game), people ride that "he drops passes" horse until it's dead.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

We have some more serious issues to address. The lack of consistency of our WRs is a major issue. Having a FS playing at high school level amazes me. Sure we won a few.. most were close games, but we really could have thrown in Hope much more during the last few games instead of LT.

How about the offense. Why can’t they get together and decide to play 60 minutes of solid football instead of being so inconsistent. If you take a look at the scoreboards of all 13 games this season you’d be amazed at the number of quarters the team has gone through without scoring. 20 of the 52 quarters we have played have been scoreless, yet our average points per game is 19. That’s not bad at all until you do the maths and realize that we are squeezing 7.5 points per quarter scored, and we are not scoring on 38% of our quarters. That is a serious sign of inconsistency that should have been addressed since game 3.

Other than the inconsistency of our offense, our defense still needs much improvement. I don’t have any stats on this, but I think we still the worst team in the NFL regardless of our performance during the last few games. We cannot end the season with the mindset that VY will rescue the team regardless of how bad the D plays.. That needs to be resolved before the end of the season if we are going to have any success next year.

I like what we’ve done at Indy and Houston in terms of scoring on 7/8 quarters, but can we do the same at a higher level contender. That will be interesting to find out next Sunday.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I also like Drew..
    He's a good guy, but saying that he drops a few every once on a while is an understatment. To be a superbowl contender we need a super consistent WR. One we can throw to (and know he'll make the catch) instead of hoping he doesn't drop it.
    I'll say it again.. I like drew, but he lacks the talent and hands of Terrell Owens or Randy Moss, or most starting WRs to be fair.

10. SteveH

SteveH Starter

First of all we should be chuffed to bits we are where we are.. still in with a shout of the playoffs? Who'd have thought that after Dallas?
    Also, the Jags are going to be worried..
    We should just be excited that we're even in this kind of game after the start we had.. let's enjoy this ride while it lasts, build and plan for next year..
    That's when we need to come of age..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar