Are we good enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Fisher said today we are a far cry from being San Diego or Baltimore (which is kind of strange since we should have beat them), but I got his point. He said we haven't reached the point of controlling a game from start to finish, which is what the good teams do. With a D ranked 32nd, we aren't going to control many people. Let's just rejoice in that we have a better team than the Colts right now, and $35M more in cap room. The Jags may be a little better, be we can fix that in the off season. The future is so bright.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

next year will be the year. i know it

3. with vince, we are going to win super bowl after super bowl like the pats did

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

What about the FG to win we missed against Ravens? The team's had two bad games out of 10 since Vince came in. All the rest were one point losses or wins--I don't see how that's anything but progress after 0-5. Now if you're saying we're gonna lose some games eventually, I would say "no _____," but if you're seeing evidence of a bad play streak coming: I don't know how you're getting that from our last ten games.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Scared of the kitties. I'm not saying the Jags couldn't win, but I do hope our blowout losses are over this year. How many RBs has this team shut down in the past. We can, and I stress "can," turn a RB who runs for 150 one week into someone who produces 8 the following. We can beat this team. And does anyone understand just how volatile this offense is becoming? Yes, the run is obvious, there has been rumbling underneath the ground for a good part of the season, but there is also electricity in the air (that is a cheesy stretch of analogies). Chow is starting to put this offense into a nice stride. I've been having flashes of Ahmard Hall catching short passes out of the backfield. I expect to see Chris Brown again this week. You know the only way Drew reaches 1000 yards this season (unlikely)? Have 3 more games (almost exactly) to the one he had yesterday. Do you think the focus of this team has sharpened? I do. I think the offense can put the whole thing together at least once before the season is over. This is a good game to do it.

The thing I was really worried about, upon further review, was losing to Houston. Not that that loss was any more likely than a loss to the Haguars, but that it would be more detrimental. I think that was the real importance of the Texans game, aside from the obvious cover story. Now with that victory, I think this team believes the streak can live on.

Who said they wondered when this thing would end? True, our defense still ranks near the bottom, but we've seen them capable of making plays, creating turnovers and stopping the run. We started 0-4 once and ended 11-5, going on an unlikely run. While the team is not the same, the coach is.

We can break out this game. And I bet there will be a speech or three about how we lost to the Jags at the end of last year, just to remind the team that there are not one but two humiliating losses to avenge this weekend.

We must protect this house! (Click-clack, bizzles)

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If, by some miracle, this team makes the playoffs it will be because no one can stop Vince Young on 3rd down.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we make the playoffs, it will be because we won 7 straight games, and we earned it. I'm not expecting it, but if we do it, we deserve to be there. That would mean beating the Colts, Jags, and Pats, all playoff teams, and either philly or the giants should make the playoffs. If we make it, it's because we earned it.

As for whether or not we can win this week, we can. I don't know if we will, but we can. I'll be there cheering my @ss off, win or lose. GO TITANS!

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I know! I went to the Colts game and that was my first game in like two years. Everytime I was yelling and banging, the guy and his GF infront of me gave me a mean look. Sometimes I wonder why they come to the game instead of watching it at home if they're going to be like that. Hello! your at the stadium to be loud and cheer your team on.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The one-point colts loss rests squarely on Baronis' shoulders. He missed two. If he made even one of those, this wouldn't be an issue.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

All FG kickers have bad days. This was also when he was going through a groin injury. Let's not forget we had a first down at the Colts 45 (no beer jokes), and didn't gain a yard. Vince missed on a pass, then we ran for no gain, then Vince threw for a two yard loss. At least now we are making things happen in the last few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar