Are we good enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Am I the only one hearing the fat lady clear her throat?

I really want to think that we can pull this one off, but in this case it just doesn't make sense to ramble on how VY can pull us out from this game with a win.

We lost to the Dolts by one point, then pulled of a win during the second game with a field goal. The Jugs walked in there and tore them a new butt hole.

We barely survived at Houston. If they would have won the OT coin toss we could have lost that game. So frankly, lady luck has been on our side alot lately, will she be there one more time for the Jax game?

Heck even if she does, is that how we want to win our games.. Do we have to wait for her to show mercy and give us a push on a weekly basis.

I'm enjoying our win streak, but i'm sure its over next week at the Jugs. Elementary maths is all you need to see that.

[​IMG]

2. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I heard her shotgunning a bunch of Jack Daniels to get the vocal chords primed. No wait, that was Bon Scott.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I hope she sends her pretty lucky sister instead.

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The Jags, while they have a very impressive Home record - are attrocious on the road. 2-4 is their record and if the Texans can sweep them, ask yourself, why can't we knock them off in our house? Also, the Jags are awfully inconsistant. While they may put up an impressive showing one game, the next game they're always good for a let down. They're a roller coaster out of control and their joy ride ends on sunday.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm glad you started this thread. great pic by the way... but Sunday will define the season for us. I think we are going to get beat handidly. I hope to goodness sake I am incorrect but I fear we are in for a whoopin'. Somehow the Texans taught the kitty to lay down and roll over but I'm afraid we have catnip in our hair. Vince Young is going to have to take my faith to a whole new level. He will have to be a scoreing machine because the Jags have a real two headed monster and frankly, a much better defense.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

No, the Jags have a two headed monster and a better defense at HOME. On the road, its a different story. I'm sure if you look up the numbers, my statement is true.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Lets just say we do the impossible and make the playoffs as the 6th seed.. Do you guys really think we can even contend with the other division winners? It would be a a good ending to this season if we made the playoffs but we really shouldnt be there. Next year is our year. Id feel kinda weird if we made the playoffs cuz its been mostly luck thats gotten us there. If we make it I want it to be becuase were a good team.

And about the Jags game this week.. The only way I think we can win is if Keith Bulluck and David Thornton can stop Jones-Drew and Taylor. Vince will continue to be Vince and do what he does on offence so its just thoes 2 guys that we have to worry about.

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

So? Sometimes you need a little luck to go where you wanna go, no matter how good or bad you are. And yes, looking at who could be the #3 seed, I think we can pull off an upset or at least make it a heated battle. Look at the 2002/03 playoffs where the Browns got in it with some luck and they were awful, but they put up a hell of a game against Pittsburgh, even though they lost.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Luck- schmuck. You are what you are.

The Jags are coming to the woodshed. Let's give them a warm welcome and make some noise like we did for the Giants and Colts. The fans need to make noise to get some false starts and keep them out of a running rhythm.

10. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Good points above, and I only hope most of the PSL owners that made me proud in previous years show up at the Jags game. I'm tired of apologizing for my loud screaming and banging my hardhat on the seats to new poeple sitting around me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar