Are Titans Super Bowl-Ready?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

:ha: :yes:

2. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Well I wouldn't go that far, there's a difference between a team with a veteran QB who has won big games and has a solid defense behind him vs. a team who hasn't won in years. But I agree that the Titans were ready last year and they're ready this year as well, as ready as any team can be before the season starts. Put the Cardinals in the AFC and I bet they don't even make the playoffs, that's the difference between a disappointment and almost winning the Super Bowl, circumstance.

I think it's also possible the Titans regress to 10-6. I think everyone underestimates how much circumstance, luck, and especially health factor into a team's season. Much of this is out of our control unfortunately.

Here's to a Ravens-Titans AFC Championship game in 2010!

3. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

P.S. Baja Beef Chalupa represent!

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yes, the Titans are super bowl ready. We have the best backfield in the NFL. We know what we're going to get from Collins. I doubt he'll have a drop off. Our OL is really good and our WR core has been upgraded. I'm worried about the hole AH left but I think the Jones/Marks/Brown rotation will work well. Griffin/Hope has become a great combo and Finny/Harper as well. 3/4 of them should be pro-bowlers this year. A little worried about MLB more this year than last but our OLB's should carry the load. Even though we lost to the ratbirds I still think it was bad luck, bad timing for a CJ injury. On the other side though is the Steelers and Patriots. It's going to be hard to beat them.

5. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

I think the Titans are easily ready to make a super bowl run... This year could be one of the last years we have a legit chance of making run since multiple players are on their final years in their contracts! The Titans could/should have beaten the Ravens.. Which I think we would have if CJ didn't get hurt... The MLB is not a problem, Tulloch is one of the most underrated players on the Titans roster... Also, I give props to the Steelers for winning the SB but I am pretty sure that we demolished them during the regular season, making Big Ben have his own personal bed on the field.. And that was without AH... So I say bring on the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and anyone in the NFL!

Go Titans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar