Are Titans Super Bowl-Ready?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ahh.

I misunderstood you.I though you were only talking about the regular season.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we are less of a team than last year, but still good enough to win it. Letting your best player walk, and not replacing him with a new best player, that is poor judgement in my opinion.

But CJ put us on the map. He's going to keep us as the top for a while.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans are not ready,

1. After Losing Albert nobody knows how the defense will hold up.

2.New group of WR's that are unproven to us.

3. Nobody even knows whats going to happen with the QB drama. If they prepare the players with Collins all off season then have to throw VY in, the chemistry is going to be so whack.

We were more SB ready last year after the 1st week IMO.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You mean when we prepared to play Vince all offseason and then threw Collins in?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I think we're good enough to make it to a super bowl, but we missed our best chance at it last season. (possibly best chance we're going to have for a while)

While I think we'd be good enough to make it, I don't think we're good enough this season to beat the brady/moss and the pats in a playoff game. This season we'd need for some things to probably fall the right way for us to make it

6. Sam Herron

Sam Herron Camp Fodder

I think that we will have a worse record than last year, but if Collins doesn't get injured and the new WR core pans out to be decent or even above average, we could be a better team by the end of the year than we were last year, despite a worse record.

We also have a much harder schedule this year, which could either prepare us for the playoffs such as the Steelers schedule did last year for them, or it could lead us to getting more beat up come playoff time.

I tend to trust in Jeff Fisher though. I think we'll be in the hunt, and in the playoffs, you never know what can happen.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Roos is still on the roster... ;)

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think if two things happen will be ok.

#1 If someone fills the Big Al hole. Jason Jones, Jovan Haye, and Tony Brown are the favorites. I think Jones and Brown should start and Haye should get rotated in alot.

#2 If the passing game gets going. CJ and LenDale will be fine. With a top 5 OL we just need a passing game. KC has a little more help now with Britt and Washington (cook also) if he can go 150-200yrds a game and a TD... were set.

9. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I realize that AH is a force to be reckoned with, but why do some still insist that we will be a worse team with out him?

We picked up a lot of decent offensive talent this off season via the draft and free agency.

We may have not have a AH on the D-line anymore, but Washburn usually puts a quality D-line on the field each year.

Are we ready for the Super Bowl? I think were a better team (on paper) this year than last. It's hard to say with our schedule what record we will have by seasons end, but nonetheless, I think were more capable to get to and win the Super Bowl this year.

If we blow it this year, then that's another story. We'd probably have to wait another 5 years before a team this good is on the field again.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

1 - very true...but than again fat al disappeared a lot when he wasnt playing for new $$$. while we may not have a star all around tackle we have the pieces. a rusher in jones, space eater in vick, all arounders in brown and haye.

2 - maybe unproven but words out on britt that he is one of the most nfl ready and alongside nate and gage this is by far the best receiving corps we have had to offer the qb in a while. throw in bo and cook in the middle are gonna help the qb too. and we are a running team. titans main purpose to pass = keep defenses honest

also a good o-line goes a long way in helping receivers learn to get open just a like a good D-line helps cbs. (side note - interesting to see if finny will still be an all-pro/probowl calaiber player without as much pressure on opposing qbs)

3 - read the articles on tennsseean.com. the team still views VY as a leader in the locker room even after all this drama. and IMO i think we will see a new VY on the field after being benched.

as for being a superbowl team..idn don wanna jinx anything. all i know is that i get very depressed to think that we are one of few teams without hardware. especially, in light of being originally a texas based team (now Tenn) both football loving states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar