Are there any Safeties worse than ours?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Thats true... If he had stayed healthy there would be no question as to what would happen

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Fuller entered the season as the starting NB and the coaches were very impressed how he was able to learn a number of the secondary assignments as only a rookie. IMO the jury is still out on if he can be the answer considering he missed the whole year but at least he has the athleticism and smarts to have alot of potential.

As I watch NFL games and see the better Ss in the NFL I'm convinced that we don't need 220 pound guys that nothing more than athletic LBs. Mike Brown of the Bears is one of the best SSs in the league and he is only 5'10, 205. Ed Reed is all world and he is only 5'11, 200 pounds. Troy Polamalu is a 5'10, 212 pounder that plays great SS. IMO we need to look for guys who are quick in space and have exceptional instincts more than guys who have real good size to straight line speed ratios. In other words we need guys that are good football players.

3. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

Damn right especially on the last line the best Safeties in the league are around 5'9-11 200-212lbs. The bigger Safeties such as Roy Williams and Sean Taylor are good but you don't see them making plays like the smaller safeties. They too often compared LB's which is not a bad thing if they were picking off passes like a corner.

I went to NFL.com and I noticed that the smaller Safeties picked off more passes than the bigger LB type safeties.

Hell they were even up there in Tackles with the Bigger Safeties.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if Roy Williams cant horse collar someone he can't tackle.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

C'mon, do you guys just complain and really don't know anything about football?

Our safeties couldn't stay in their slots and concentrate on making picks because they were busy trying to help out rookie corners. It's hard to do what you do best when you're also doing work as a part time corner. Do you think Pacman and Reynaldo can make instant reads on offense? NO. it was up to Lamont and Tank to give them cues.

If you're trying to cheat a little and line up close to a rookie corner, you are out of your lane and it's easy to get beat if the guy makes it to the backfield. When Lamont didn't have to do his job and also look out for the corners, he was able to make big picks and big plays.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How do you know? unless your on the field...

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Our safties suck. LT is slow and can't get a jump on the ball.

8. The Mrs

So you don't disagree with what I said.:irked:

9. The Mrs

L.T. is slow? Compared to what? I know not you!:sad2:

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Compared to other safties that are good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar