Are there any Safeties worse than ours?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Apparently your a Schwartz hater too, so where do you see the talent on this defense that should supposedly resemble Denver and NE and the other teams people on this thread have compared them too? Just curious.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

my problem with Schwartzie is he has feminized the D.

Titan D used to put fear and a facemask into the O.

Under Schwartzie the only thing the Titan D puts on is lingere and heels.

He has totally sissified the D with his MoneyBall SuperGenuis D crap. D is about attitude - ATTACK, ATTACK, and ATTACK. Schwartzie runs D like the O was holding kryptonite instead of a football.

basically since Fisher found Schwartz scrounging around the video room the D has become all Ghandi like in its approach and it sucks to watch a prefectly good attitude being destroyed.

3. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Whats was Schwartz's game plan for Indy? Rush 4 and play soft zone that gets picked apart, but according to boy genuis you cant Blitz Payton, but what did the Chargers and the Steelers do? What happened? They won.

4. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

Maybe I should post this someplace else but. 4-12 is 4-12 and the yougest team in the nfl really shouldn't be used as an excuse. The positive though is other than 4 games we were very competitive in. If we can make improvement and add some players at some key positions that were our worst we will be right in the thick of things in no time at all. Which brings us to Safety. I know there are several areas that need addressed, but this is definetly a major one . Lamont got cut by the Bengals when they were still bad. Tank showed alot of promise his rookie year and was pretty good before his injury, but last year was another story. Tank and Lamont never seemed to make plays and were caught out of position alot.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

SO youd rather him blitz and leave our rookie corners to get eaten up more than they already were? You do realize the Bucs won the superbowl with a Cover 2, and the bears had the top d in the league with a cover 2, which is similar to what we run. You cant attack attack attack if you dont have corner who can cover one on one or if you dont have pass rushers to really pressure the passer. Vanden Bosch is a good pass rusher, nobody else on our team was, and I am clueless to who which corners you want to sit out there one on one with marvin harrison or reggie wayne.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Name one player on our defense who can blitz as well as Merriman, I double dog dare ya.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

coudn't tell you. i dont get to watch anyone on our team blitz because we don't blitz.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well, Ill tell you, the answer is nobody. Merriman is a better pass rusher than anybody on our roster, so therers your answer. I mean, we could blitz Sirmon, Bulluck, or Kassell all day against the colts and I am sure the Peyton would never look at Dallas Clark, or Edge out of the backfield at all, yeah thats it. And I am sure the Reynaldo Hill who was an average corner in the SEC just one short year ago would have his way one on one with Harrison or Wayne, good strategy there. Damnit Jim, just blitz Sirmon, or Kassell everydown and we are probably 14-2 right?

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't think anyone is saying that we would be 14-2 if we blitzed more. I don't think anyone is saying that we would have beaten the Colts had we blitzed. I don't think anyone would argue that our defensive personel doesn't stack up with the top defenses in the league. The issue is whether or not our defensive coordinator used a strategy that best suited our team.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Screw it, let's leave 'em out there hanging. Nothing else is working. I want the 56. Let's see a qb hit the deep pass from his back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar