Are there any Safeties worse than ours?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

that's funny, you were probably saying Lynch was washed up a couple of years ago. Hey, DJ Williams is a second year player, he's not supposed to be successful! the opposite corner to Champ is a rookie, whait a minute, that can't be, he can't be successful either. Don't forget about Ian Gold, he's coming off of an ACL, so the jury's still out on him too. Sounds to me like someone knows his personnel and knows how to get the most out of them(underachieving Browns D-Line, turned into excellent players first year with the Broncos) MIRACLE

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

The Pats lost 6 games this year. Sure they're competitve because they a have better team. Kind of like when we had good players we were a better team. We got rid of 7 starters from last year and replaced them with recent draft picks. If the Pats do that they'll have a down year to.

Sorry, I don't believe you. Every poll that was taken on this board was completly lop-sided towards the Titans having an off, or rebuilding, year. I think your just dilutional.

Exact same head coach = exact same defensive philosophy + salary cap player releases = bad year = common sense....

We just have to let our young guys develop. You surely can agree that it takes a couple of years for players to devlop in the NFL. Payton Manning is the best QB in the league and it took him a couple of years. While time will tell whether or not we've had good draft choices, as of late, I think it's safe to say we haven't drafted anyone to the caliber of Manning. Teams can make big improvements in a year and I think the maturity of our team along with a couple of free agents can put this team back to a competitive level.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're missing the point. The point is these guys didn't play well as individuals in Cleveland, but in Denver their game became much better.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Your comparing a guy taken as the #1 overall pick who was injured much of his time in cleveland, with a mid round pick that got cut by a worthless bengal team? You think thats a fair assessment. And Warren was the #3 overall pick and was a decent run stopper in cleveland, you surround him with better talent and of course he looks a lot better.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

That is the usual bases of every argument against Schwartz. You'll have people making comparison's like taking the 2000 team to our team now and they'll act like it was all Williams that took us to the super bowl and that the fact that we were completly stacked on D had nothing to do with it. Fact is, we have the same head coach who impliments the same philosophies as he always has.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't think I am being delusional expecting a young team which did endure some salary cap issues to still be competitive on the field. I didn't say I was expecting them to go to the playoffs or even go .500, but I did expect them to play hard and get after it with an infusion of youth on defense. Defense is different, it's all about attitude and running to the ball, we don't have that, and it has nothing to do with talent.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I can gaurantee that if we had gone .500, or even 9 - 7, we'd still have people like you complaining about things that are indiferent.

Talent has nothing to do with it?? Please! You don't have stinking clue.
    I don't think attitude makes takles. As for Defense is about running the ball, I'm a little confused, but hopefully, our D has a better year running the ball next year.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Tackling is all attitude, anyone whomever played ball will tell you that, the will to hit someone in the mouth is all attitude and take them to the ground is all effort, not talent.

Running to the ball, not running the ball, I think you just skipped over a word.

and if we didn't win the SuperBowl, then I probably would be complaining about something, I'm a coach, if you're not getting better, you are getting worse. Complacency is not a trait of a coach, not a good one hopefully.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

is it me or is this arguement never going to end between these two guys :ha:

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Oh Well, we'll just have to hope for the best... My opinion is that Schwartz, along with the entire defensive coaching staff, didn't get what they could've out of their players. I feel the same about Chow and the O. Which takes us to Fisher not doing his job. I think we can agree that the team certainly didn't play as well as they should but I think we just have some diferent reasoning behind why we were what we were.

We stunk and it's frustrating... It's easy to point fingers when you stink this bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar