Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Are the Titans looking to upgrade at WR?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LoneWolf, Apr 11, 2012.

1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    His name is Kenny Britt and AJ Jenkins
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $84
    The more it gets talked about, the more I am warming up to taking a receiver in the first. I was pretty against it, but outside of one or two guys, who I do not think will fall to us, I am really starting to like Floyd. I just don't want to get to caught up in combine results instead of production.
  3. bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    If Britt struggles physically or mentally is N. Washington our #1 WR again? We need playmakers at wr no matter what round they are drafted
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,073
    I think it goes Kenny Britt, then Damian Williams. Nate Washington would stay the same guy on plays. He wouldn't technically be the No.1 WR. Kenny plays a different role than Nate, so moving Nate into the X position hurts the offense even more.

People in favor of adding another WR early either don't believe in Damian Williams, or they don't understand how limited roster spots can become.
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $84
    I believe in Williams, and I know we just resigned Hawkins, but I think we could fit in another receiver. Washington would be getting older and slowing down by the time this guy hit his stride.
  6. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    and when Britt goes down again we're screwed
  7. patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I actually really like Damian and he has improved every year and is about to go into year 3 when WR's really start to get it. I am however worried about Kenny's ability to stay healthy and the WR we draft could take Mariani's spot cause he contributes absolutely nothing to the offense and the value of a return man has been significantly devalued due to the new rule changes.

I would love Wright or Hilton later cause they bring return value and are deep threats something we could use a little more off. I wouldn't be surprised if we took Hill and surprise everyone like we did with CJ. Floyd would be the no brainer over all others if there.
  8. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $293
    Damien Williams is a nice receiver, maybe. Perhaps one day, he'll be a great #3 or a solid #2. He is not, and will never be, a game changer. He will not be the primary target.

I'm all for drafting a WR if it is the BPA. Best case scenario, Locker gets to line up looking at...

Britt, Rookie, Washington, Cook Williams as a five wide (or four wide and a tight) set. CJ in the backfield on a four man pattern.

Pretty damn nice. Can't give a guy much better chance to succeed than that.

Worst case scenario, when Britt goes down again, or is never the same, we have someone who can carry the load. Wash and Williams are nice #2 and #3, but trying to roll with them as #1 and #2 is not a good thing.

If we need a roster spot that bad, cut Hawkins, or Mariani, and have somebody else return punts.
    • Tip Jar Donor

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $149
    I honestly see the Titans going CB or DL in 1st and going with whichever WR falls in 2nd, maybe even trading up to get a specific guy should he be close. I could easily see Jeffery going to Titans in 2nd round. There is no way he falls to 3rd round, and if he did, it would be early 3rd, which mean we would have passed on him in 2nd, and I just dont see that happening.
  9. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $293
    That would be my optimal scenario. DL or CB (or konz) in the first, and Jeffrey in the 2nd.