Are the Titans done with the free agent market now?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanjay, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanjay

titanjay Guest

We've had a very productive offseason (in the last 3 days)...Is there any chance we go after anyone else? I think we're pretty much tapped out by now, but who knows....thoughts? Starkiller, what do the #'s look like?

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO if we save the 2.5 million by releasing Sirmon we could find a vet MLB fairly cheap who can be a 2 down run stopper. Thats the biggest hole on defense right now. I'm not sure we have any pressing needs on offense right now.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

are the Titans still looking at Greisen and Bentley

4. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a young cheap CB to see how he plays out in training camp. Try and find some diamonds in the rough like KVB last year. Maybe even a cheap RB..

5. You make it sound like there are lots of good, young, cheap players out there for the picking...

Basically the only way to get someone who fits that description is in the draft (and undrafted free agents). The only exception to that rule is with a guy who has dealt with massive injuries like KVB did. It takes a lot for 30 other teams to completely give up on an NFL prospect.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Nobody's signed TO yet :ha:

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

If they want young, cheap CBs or RB then they will do it late in the draft. I don't see us signing anymore FA's. Only way we will sign anyone else is if we release Sirmon or McNair. I don't see us just releasing Sirmon. We will probably trade him if we get rid of him, but we'll see if he still wants to be gone after he has his sitdown chit-chat. If we release McNair it won't be until after the draft.

8. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

a lot of people talk about trading sirmon but who is gonna what him and what price do they ask and give i mean his value declined drastically after his comments and his lack of consistency last year but who knows maybe we can hoard draft picks from houston again lol

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We could pair Volek and Sirmon in a trade.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Does anyone have a round-a-bout idea of how much cap room we have left to sign anyone? SK? Jeff?

There's talk of Ty Law, but that seems too rich for our bank account.

Maybe there's room for Greisen or Bently. I can't recall seeing Bently play, anyone have any opinion of him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar