Are the Titans an elite team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvols75

tvols75 Camp Fodder

I have never in my life seen so many debbie-downers for a team that is 5-2 and has a top 5 offense and defense in the NFL.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Equally disconcerting is that to this day it was the Ewoks that defeated the Evil Empire and Darth Vader and that is how it all ends.

3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Ok... So when a team has a QB that chokes a game away, is that not a reflection upon their team? When Eli chokes, is that a fluke or is that the Giants? When Romo chokes, is that a fluke or is that the Cowboys?

We beat the Giants and we beat the Cowboys. We didn't win on a penalty or a bad call.

We are an elite team. The questions are: how many other elite teams are there and what does elite mean this year?

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Great example man. Close the side of your neck when you talk to me. There was a corresponding interception with every instance of 'Eli giving the game to us' you speak of. Not a botched game winning field goal from the 1 yard line. Nice try though.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Agreed.

People are making way to big a deal out of the SanDiego game. A lot of season left after this week.

And its all for nothing if we choke it away in January.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Were close... I agree there's really no such thing as an elite team this year.

In today's game you have to have an elite QB to have an elite team. I'm on Team Vince, but I don't think any of us here would call him elite. Defense has to cut down on the yards - can't live off redzone turnovers very long. But this is as solid a team as any in the league right now. Looked shaky early in the year, but the O line is settling and every unit seems to be elevating their game.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The San Diego game is big because we fall one game behind either the Colts or Texans and the AFC South could only have one rep in the playoffs.

8. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

It's a big deal and I think everyone is taking it seriously. If you want to see whining and crying, just go visit the Chargers forum. Those guys have pretty much given up on the season.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If if if

every team has 8 games left. Crazy stuff always happens in the NFL, someone will drop off, someone will rise.

IF we lose to San Diego, it no more kills our season than the losses to Denver or Pittsburg.

Every game is important. But people judging whether or not our team is elite based on this one game is silly.

It's not more important than our divisional games, and we have 5 of those left.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Fire Jeff Fisher Now!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar