Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Are the Titans an elite team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. tvols75 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I have never in my life seen so many debbie-downers for a team that is 5-2 and has a top 5 offense and defense in the NFL.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    Equally disconcerting is that to this day it was the Ewoks that defeated the Evil Empire and Darth Vader and that is how it all ends.
  3. Raistmagic Starter

Moolah:
    $268
    Ok... So when a team has a QB that chokes a game away, is that not a reflection upon their team? When Eli chokes, is that a fluke or is that the Giants? When Romo chokes, is that a fluke or is that the Cowboys?

We beat the Giants and we beat the Cowboys. We didn't win on a penalty or a bad call.

We are an elite team. The questions are: how many other elite teams are there and what does elite mean this year?
  4. ColtKiller Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $4,055
    Great example man. Close the side of your neck when you talk to me. There was a corresponding interception with every instance of 'Eli giving the game to us' you speak of. Not a botched game winning field goal from the 1 yard line. Nice try though.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,856
    Agreed.

People are making way to big a deal out of the SanDiego game. A lot of season left after this week.

And its all for nothing if we choke it away in January.
    • Tip Jar Donor

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Moolah:
    $5
    Were close... I agree there's really no such thing as an elite team this year.

In today's game you have to have an elite QB to have an elite team. I'm on Team Vince, but I don't think any of us here would call him elite. Defense has to cut down on the yards - can't live off redzone turnovers very long. But this is as solid a team as any in the league right now. Looked shaky early in the year, but the O line is settling and every unit seems to be elevating their game.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    The San Diego game is big because we fall one game behind either the Colts or Texans and the AFC South could only have one rep in the playoffs.
  5. Sevenfeet Practice Squad

Moolah:
    $5
    It's a big deal and I think everyone is taking it seriously. If you want to see whining and crying, just go visit the Chargers forum. Those guys have pretty much given up on the season.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,856
    If if if

every team has 8 games left. Crazy stuff always happens in the NFL, someone will drop off, someone will rise.

IF we lose to San Diego, it no more kills our season than the losses to Denver or Pittsburg.

Every game is important. But people judging whether or not our team is elite based on this one game is silly.

It's not more important than our divisional games, and we have 5 of those left.
    2 people high five this.
  6. dbc5631 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $97
    Fire Jeff Fisher Now!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.