Are the Titans an elite team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We're up there. Though I dont think we're as good as our schedule/results say we are.

The Giants beat us, they just beat themselves. We did nothing to win that game. (thanks, Eli!)

Then other teams we beat either had significant injuries or just werent good teams.

Too early to tell at this point, really.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Forget "elite" let's win some games against Indy and Texas first.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We are a 50 yard pass interferance call away from being 6-1. If that doesn't make us elite (top 5) we're close!

I truly wish we could trade the Eagles win for the one over Denver. Paul Kuharsky mentioned, and it is very true (though I dislike him like poison) that NFC wins do us no good in tiebreakers. The 2 AFC losses will hurt us if it comes down to it. He also said that he thinks there's only 1 playoff team in the AFC South this year because NYJ and NE are in the same division and BAL and PITT are in the same division. The losers of those divisions will get the 2 wildcards, unless one of them hits a hot streak. So, let's win the division!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We've had good fortune this whole season. We have no BIG injuries, nothing is really fallen apart like it had last season for us, and Verner has blessed us with a real CB. When you've got things going your way, I say keep going. Isn't the saying - "it's better to be lucky than good" a GOOD thing for us..... Vince got wrecked by Pittsburgh and lived on. James Harrison thinks he's a bounty hunter out there taking shots at Vince. Then Vince gets the knee injury. The way he tells it, he thought he was done for the season. Then that son of a bleep Kerry Collins saves 2 games from going to the other teams! Lets be honest. Who else was feeling sick when KFC came in to rally the team? I was. And yet we're 5-2. We beat Oakland when they thought the world of themselves. Then we beat the Giants, who are somehow #1 after 7 games. Beat the snout out of Jacksonville, and put together the greatest 4th quarter in Titans history against the 4-2 Eagles. Isn't our schedule suppose to be the hardest schedule in the league? If so, I'd say were an elite team with things going our way. Don't hate us for not getting the short end of the stick this season. We went to hell and back last year. It's about time we get some credit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

We are not elite We are a good football team that I see loosing to a Desperate Charger Team. Who we haven't beating in like for ever we are a second Tier team until we starting beating teams like the Charger Colts Etc we are not elite.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Thats garbage. If that's the case, then were 6-1, one loss the the Giants and wins vs Steelers and Denver. Even better. Too bad that's not how it works in the NFL...

In fact, this entire post is garbage, minus the first couple sentences. This is professional football...53 man rosters on each team. You can make up excuses for why we aren't good all you want, but guess what: you are what your record says you are. Period.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I feel what you're saying...but none of this strikes me as luck. Verner being good isn't luck...the dude works his tail off and he was a great draft pick by our FO. Vince bouncing back isn't luck...his a sign of his greatly developing maturity. KC is a great backup, that's never been a question. Good depth isn't lucky, it's preparation.

Things are going our way because our team is good. Notice how things consistently go the Colts way? Or the Patriots? Or the Steelers? Even despite injuries, they're still good? Not because of luck, because of preparation. Because they're elite teams, just like we are. Past three seasons, playing in the toughest division of the best conference: 28-13.

8. Deuce Wayne

I guess. You can also pretend that a QB can't simply give the game away. (again, thanks Eli!)...

but everyone that saw it knows.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yeah. You're right. Consistent pressure and running for his life had nothing to do with it. Neither did our offense scoring more points then them. Or Vince not turning the ball over once. You can say he lost it, but that's baloney. He gave us a chance to win it, a chance that wouldn't have been worth a damn if we didn't take it by the horns. We capitalized on every mistake they made... that's what I saw.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar