Are the Titans an elite team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1. Steelers
    2. Titans
    3. Ravens

Yes we should've beat the Steelers but we didn't so we can play the "what if" game everyday but that will always be a loss. We have a very good QB, great RB, much improved WR core, great OL, and a great defense. Our defense is going to keep us in every game so the pressure will be on the offense to score against those tough defenses in the playoffs (especially 3-4).

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. There are no "elite" teams this year. Everybody is extremely beatable. I won't believe we're anything more than a well-above-average team until we prove we can beat the teams that are a thorn in our side nearly every year, like the Colts, Chargers, Steelers, and Ravens. This week will tell us a lot.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sunday will tell us a lot about where the Titans are.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I take exception to this. I think we beat the Steelers 60% of the time. The 40% of the time when we lose... it's when we turn the ball over 7 times. The steelers didn't beat us, we beat ourselves and didn't allow the 4th quarter heroics of Vince Young to take place.

I also think that we have a better chance of beating the steelers with worthlessberger at QBs. Fisherball is all about letting the players beat themselves by making risky throws or scrambles against our D line and so far dependable secondary. None of the scrub QBs were able to get that aggressive and when worthlessberger tried to back in 08, he got burned. Infact... JASON JONES IS HIS DADDY.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Are you sure? We've been saying that same exact thing since week-2.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

OK that's a bit ridiculous. The Texans defense is laughable. The Eagles are in the lame NFC, plus we just smoked them like a $5 blunt when they had every chance to win. And I don't see how you can place Indy ahead of us right now. It's 2010, not 2003-2009.

I think we are in the top 5, along with Jets Pats Ravens Steelers, and all in no particular order. Two of the five teams you listed in 'our grouping' got owned by us, and the Texans have some GLARING issues, whereas we really don't. The Dolphins are right there, I agree with that. The Chiefs still have to show me some more...this is their 'getting over the hump' year, not their 'legit contender' year, which is the bracket you're putting them into. As for the Falcons...they got beat 13-9 by the Jags. With a loss like that, they don't belong. The Jags haven't been anything like 'hot' or 'on a good run' this season, and they held the Falcons without a TD.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Beat a team they haven't beaten since Clinton's first term who is ranked #1 in both offense and defense?

I'd say a win in San Diego on Sunday would place the Titans among the elite.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Elite? No.

A very good team? Yes.

There is no "elite" team this year. Anything can happen.

9. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

The Titans will be considered L33t when they win one of these trophies. Untill then we are just another ordinary team that has never done anything that anyone (other than Titans fans) wants to talk about.

[​IMG]

10. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

What if it's a close game, the Titans play well but lose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar