Are the titans a top 5 offense? Yes!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As long as he gets me fantasy points...

2. teegee

teegee Guest

The offense isn't explosive enough or consistent enough to be considered a top 5 one. But I think most would agree it is a more effective offense than the ones the Titans have had in recent years. Far less turnover prone and much better in the red zone, for starts.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

already had a couple of final drive victories this season. I'll take'em any way they come

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Define what you mean by that.

We have scored 19 points or more 10 times. We have scored 28 points or more 6 times.

As for explosiveness i wonder if you are watching the games because our RBs have 5 runs over 40 yards and 12 runs over 20 yards.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

RollTide - I don't know why Payton does what he does. Maybe he gets off watching Brees throw time after time... or maybe he got tired to see his WR disguised as a RB get stuffed on runs plays every down. Who knows?

But regardless of how you may feel about it, the point is that Brees is in an offense where he is being forced to throw the ball many times every game with virtually no running game to back him up or a defense to bail him out. Surely you can't expect the guy not to throw INTs when everybody in the stadium knows that he is going to be passing... can you?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Please remove the blinders, buddy. C'mon now...

Our offense isn't near as explosive as:

New Orleans Saints
    Dallas Cowboys
    Atlanta Falcons
    Denver Broncos
    Houston Texans
    Philly Eagles
    New England Patriots
    etc...

And you wont find a single person outside this board that'll agree with you if you want to argue that.
    And if you're just going by points:

Jets, Packers, Eagles, Giants, Cardinals, and Saints all average more points per game than us, which STILL puts us out of the top 5.
    This is so far out there on the homerism scale, that I can't even pretend that you're being serious.

Our offense may be effective. It may be solid, but top 5? HA! We're not even top 10 if you ask me.

7. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Gloat said:
    Atlanta averages around 36 yards more a game, but less points, so I don't see why they would be described as explosive and the Titans not.

Dallas averages 20 yards more, but also less points - same thing.

Ditto for Houston, Denver and New England.

Having said that, I wouldn't describe the Titans offense as "explosive". I think that term should only be reserved for offenses like the Patriots last year, or New Orleans and Arizona this year. The Titans offense is very good though. Top 7 in PPG. They don't turn the ball over. They don't take sacks. You can't ask for much more considering the style of football they play - ball control.

8. Our offense is entirely average...

The advantage we have over other teams is the turnover margin that gives us more chances.

9. :wack:

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, I guess we can put the 'Titans are a top 5 offense' argument to rest now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar