Are the Seahawks on the verge of a dynasty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 24, 2014.

?

Do you think the Seahawks can win the next 2 or 3 Super Bowls and become a dynasty?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. I think they may win 2 or 3 but not in a row

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The days of any team keeping a vast core of very, very good players together long enough to establish a dynasty are behind us now. Pittsburgh...Dallas....those teams were dynasties because free agency and stupid money were not en vogue then.

Now...guy has a good year or two and with 3 years left on his contract he is already talking about needing to get paid and crap.

Prima donnas don't a dynasty make.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I don't necessarily agree with all that. The Pats did it recently. It CAN be done. I think it is rare though.
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

In 2015 Avril, Thomas, and Sherman are FAs. Then in 2016 they have Wilson, Lynch, Okung, Wagner, Irvin, and Mebane. So a large core needs payment pretty soon.
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They made an unlikely fourth down TD pass just to make it to the Super Bowl. A lot of things have to line up for a team to be in position to win a Super Bowl just ONCE. Players are a key cog in the machine but there's too much parity in the league for any team to win three in-a-row these days.
  6. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

This is why I say no. Thomas, sherman and wilson at least will command big money, if they keep these three guys it will cripple their cap. As good as the two dbs are I say they let one go.
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They'll do everything they can to hold onto the core players. I don't think they'll be able to retain Bennett this year. And I'd think they'll lose Avril next year. They have to focus on keeping Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Wilson, and Lynch. I could see them dumping Lynch whenever he's a free agent because I think Turbin and Michael will be solid backs for them. And they'll need to focus the money elsewhere.

I wanted us to go after Bennett last year, but now that we are switching to a 3-4 (hybrid) I'm not sure how he fits or if he could play OLB. I can't remember if he ever did that with the Bucs or not...
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

The only steady piece to that puzzle on-roster was Brady. Literally every other piece has come and gone. Wilfork may be one of the only exceptions.. he's been there for a decade, but only one of their SB wins.

They were far from a full-team dynasty. Tons of turnover. That's simply a case of a great QB. I'd call them a solid team for a decade and a half (almost) but a Dynasty, nah.. Just my opinion. When I think of Dynasty, I think of a mostly unchanging core of players that dominate. They had that from 2000-2004 or so, but after that, they were kept afloat by brady.
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I fully expect Wilson to win at least a couple more Super Bowls.

For the time being they'll hold that team intact. As of right now I will pick them to repeat. Things change quickly though.
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I agree with you completely. They are referred to a dynasty but ESPN and NFL. Really good point about their turnover too, I completely forgot about that.

But yea, I guess it can be done but just not in the traditional sense like you were describing.