Are the Giants better than the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

collision course

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

The Giants are a bad game from Eli away from getting slaughtered (Cleveland). The team doesn't rally around Eli and make up for his mistakes like our guys do. He screws up early, the whole team gets out of whack. Make Eli and his frat-sweep hair-do make a few bad decisions, and any team in the NFL can beat them.

They're an "any given Sunday" team. Any given Sunday they can win by 40 or get stomped by 40. That's not the case with us. We will lose a game or two, but we won't get killed by any means.

I'd give my left leg to see Brandon Jacobs in a Titans uni next season though. I think his middle name may actually be "Fisherball", but I'll need to look it up.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It's not very misleading at all. If you average 6.5 yds per carry, you average 6.5 yds per carry. Just because they don't get 15 carries each per game doesn't mean much when cumulatively they average 32 team carries per.

They are a much better offense, because they are do not play predictive Fisherball, so beit. I however have not been all that impressed by our Defense on occasion, our run defense specifically. We have shown that we are not one of the top 5 in run defense, scoring is great, but the ability to stop the run is paramount to a teams goal of winning the Time of Possession battle. I don't really care who is better, I just want our team overall to improve, our run offense and defense especially. If we can stay healthy, we have a shot to win against anyone.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm convinced that when we win the Super Bowl, ESPN will do a two minute long segment on how New York should have won the championship again. I honestly don't care, because I've always enjoyed being the underdog.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The best team is the one who gets hot in mid-December. A Wildcard team can win it all in this league as the Giants proved last year.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ive never been impressed with Brandon Jacobs. He's the least impressive in their stable of RBs imo, with Bradshaw being the most complete.
    Jacobs is effective though no denying that, but behind any other offensive line? Doubt he'd last a whole season or put up good numbers regardless. Unfortunately for him, his days are probably numbered just due to his size. Big RBs usually don't last in the nfl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar