Are Steelers more battle-hardened than Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Is this a new phenomenon? Battling harder to win, makes you better than others who have the talent to win, but play with less ardor, focus, intent, will, etc.??? So effort expended in winning makes winners? ;)

I know what you mean, Sir Hoffa, but don't you think the Titans have at times over-reached themselves in their wins? I think they have. So, I guess in this aspect I would still say the Titans have the edge. :)

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm not saying I think it does, it's the logic they're using...

3. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Thank you, Sir Hoffa, I got a little confused there!

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Now that Gayton is winning harder instead of blowing out the Bungles and Lions every other week all the cool kids want to win ugly.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

[​IMG]

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

They are absolutely more "battle-hardened" than the Titans, but not for any reasons I see here. They are more-so because ONLY three years ago they were superbowl champions!

The more I think about it, and the closer the playoffs get here, I realize the teams that scare me most are the Giants, Colts, and Steelers. Because they've won a Superbowl recently. They've been there and they know how to win the big games.

I think that scares me more than the Ravens, Jets, Bucs, Panthers, or any other playoff teams.

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Yes the Steelers have been in more crucial games then the Titans and found ways to win those games along with winning a SB but i dont think that makes them any more battled tested then the Titans. I think what the Titans have done this season is speaking volumes about the mental toughness this team has. Say what you want about the schedule but the Titans have done everything a team needs to win. Whether its been playing from behind,winning in overtime,passing a whole game when people thought we couldnt, or beating a team coming off a short week the Titans have shown they are battle tested. They could of easily lost to these scrub teams they've played but they havent. They had a bump in the road against the Jets,regrouped and got back on track. Untill they show me reason to believe that their not i'm not buyin it

8. Alex1939

Sorry but I can't buy this pitch you are selling here.

Most Steelers' players have superbowl rings. The Titans can't match that kind of experience or confidence.

Sure, a few Titans players have rings, but not from the Titans. Two were around for the Titans last Superbowl. Most of the current Titans have 1 playoff game of experience with the team. The Steelers are playoff regulars.

For this season ALONE, sure the Titans are as tested as anyone. But Steelers vs. Titans, who is more battle-tested, battle-hardened? The Steelers and it isn't even close.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think more have them than you realize. Collins, Harper, Thornton, Stewart, Hope all have rings. Then we've got a couple that have been there.
    Its not that big of a deal though. These are the type of "dumb" stats that ESPN hypes up. Superbowl experience means nothing. It's just another game. You play it the same way. Nothing changes.
    How many of those Steelers players from 3 years ago had Superbowl experience? How many of the Colts? How about the Giants?

10. Alex1939

Hope and Harper have "winning" superbowl rings.

When did Collins win a superbowl?

Thornton I thought joined the Titans the season the Colts won the superbowl, meaning he missed out. Maybe I'm wrong...

David Stewart? Is that who you are referring to? I definately don't remember that one...

(bout to go look these players up)

I have to disagree. If nothing else, a championship adds confidence. But I think it's more than that, knowing how to deal with Superbowl distractions.

Good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar