Are Sims or Reed Poised for a Breakout Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I do not disagree, however I was hoping to bring in 2 cb not just one. Looks to me like we are so bad in secondary swapping ryan for mccourty is not enough. If we do not trade out at 5 ( which hope we do or can), I still think that hooker or adams would really upgrade this defense. Most of your really good defenses have outstanding safeties ( seahawks, chiefs, etc)

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

McCourty is a huge reason those guys torched us. How was keeping him going to help with that. He literally can't cover any guy you mentioned or the next 2 on the depth chart on any of those teams. There's a lot of proof to support this.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'd like him better in the 2nd round, after we trade down to get a 2nd round pick.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Was Byard on my radar? Yes. But I didn't have him ranked close to where we took him. We saw some good things from him but he's still a question mark.

Conklin was a very good player for us but people like me were not happy. Not because of Conklin. I've thought all along Conklin was a great player for us to get. But the cost to aquire him how we did was a ton for the position he plays. Essentially we gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for him (1st and 3rd in 2016 and 2nd in 2017). If you go by points, we gave up 1640 points (value of the picks) for 1420.6 (albeit the 2nd round pick is this year). Wouldn't you have rather given them another 3rd last year and had our 2nd round pick this year?

So we love the player, just not the value given up nor the value given up on a RT. Please don't confuse the two. I don't think anyone on the board thought Conklin was a bad player, just the value given up, spending that draft capital on that position and again - ignoring a critical position (DB)!

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hate to throw a little reality at your positivity, but the Jags added a lot more than we did and pick ahead of us! And kicked our butts the last time we faced them when we had everything to play for and they only had pride! The Texans are a QB away from being a very good team. They have one of the best defenses in football and won the division without a QB! Oh, and they are getting JJWatt to add to the best D in football. Who did we add again?

And we can't seem to find a way to beat the darn Colts no matter how good or bad they are!

But we do have a lot of opportunity in the draft. But it'll be interesting to see how much of an emphasis we put on getting a top cb or nabbing a guy later who becomes a value pick in say the 3rd round.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

They will get lots of reps, but I think CB is gonna be a FULL room thru and after the draft so if they want to stay, they had better show more than potential and TitanUP!!! Guys will be coming to take their jobs!!! So it's not like we need to give them more reps to see what they can do, it's that they will get plenty of reps to show they belong and EARN a spot or the door is over there!

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If we bring in some serious talent and they are the best 3 to play...so be it. If we ignore cb again except to bring in a 6th or 7th round player and start these guys by default, many many people will be 'displeased!!!'

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A few things...

First, Dodd needs to kick it up a few notches or he won't be here or in the NFL for long. I think they thought he could be a quality backup for Morgan and an inside pass rusher when we have a 4 man front. He had a lost year. I liked Dodd but didn't think he's a good fit for our D...not for a 2nd round pick. I think a 3-4 team will have the same problem with Solomon Thomas. They are better DE for 4-3 teams who can subpackage inside on passing downs.

Why don't you mind the AJ pick if you think his upside is merely starter level. You don't draft projects you hope to become starters in round 2. I don't mind Williams coming in for vet presence and competition, but we seem to be confused at NT and that's not good in this D.

Why do you think Sly will help the pass rush? He has 6 sacks in his last 60 games...that's 4 seasons!

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Bosa does have some limitations, but that doesn't mean you can't be a great player. Derek Barnett has some athletic limitations...but that didn't stop him from getting more SEC sacks than Garrett.

Too early to know what we have in Dodd except he didn't give us much last year!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Good chance King won't be there for our 2nd pick - if we are to aquire one. King's all over the place with his rankings and likely the same with actual NFL teams. But it only takes one team to see the height, length, speed, athleticism and talent!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar