Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Are poor TV ratings a result of poor scheduling by the studios?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Childress79, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,923
    yes. Couple of them were good - Titus, but most were bad. I watched all 3ish episodes of The Pitts just too watch the train wreck - absoutly the worst TV show ever. Was a terrible live action ripoff of the Oblongs. Only it was way worse than terrible.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632

Just read up on it,looks good.

I've just started watching Fringe.

Pretty interesting show. I waited until now to start watching so that I could view it without all the huge breaks between episodes.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,393
    Is Fringe with that dude from The Illusionist? Rufas Sewell?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    No that's the Eleventh Hour.

I couldn't watch that because it's got Rufus Sewell in it.:ha:Nut's I know but the dude just makes me want to punch the TV.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,393
    I actually wanted to watch that show but got no idea when it is on down here.

He does look like a bit of an a/hole, doesn't he?
  1. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    I never really got into The Wire, which is a shame because i've seen a few episodes of the first season and from what I watched the show was really good. That and the spectacular word of mouth that I keep hearing from people who watched it makes me think I missed out on a classic. I guess i'll just have to watch the DVDs.
  2. Ryudo The wall crusher!

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $367
    I never watch TV anymore. All my content is viewed from online sources and either watch from my computer or stream it to my TV.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,695

Definitely a classic and the best thing is that HBO didn't cancel the show rather let them complete the entire story arc. Each season is it's own chapter unto it's own and a puzzle piece of the big picture. The characters are rich and real and the backdrop of inner city Baltimore makes for a very authentic feeling show..
  3. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I also have instant streaming from netflix, and I love it.

Do rating reflect when people record shows and watch them later? I've never entirely understood the ratings system. TV is struggling now that it's getting some serious competition as technology moves along. DVR/Tivo, hulu, etc... are changing the way a lot of people watch tv. I'm curious to see what things will be like in a few more years. Most shows that I really like, I watch on DVD as their new seasons come out.
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,129
    there are also 1000 channels to choose from now, instead of 4 like in the 70's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.