Are Freeney, Umenyiora, Abraham on Titans' radar?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LoneWolf, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I would not mind getting a veteran starting DE, draft a DT in the 2nd, and have Wembley rotate between DE and LB on defense. I think that Osi at DE and Webley at LB along with Brown, and/or Ayers in the lineup could really cause some havoc.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

All we need at DE is someone to come off the bench and help with the pass rush. We have no one after Wmbley and Morgan right now and they can't play every snap. If we sign/draft a pass rusher and sign/draft a guy better in run support we're set at the position.

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Not for 10 million a year, and it doesn't have suggs and Ngota taking on blockers for him to get going.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Anyone else think the the Ravens are going to be absolutely ****ED next season. They are letting go of so many key players.

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

It was coming sooner or later. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis were the heart of that team's defense. We all knew that wouldn't be able to play much longer. Now they are both gone, Ravens fans shouldn't be surprised to have a mediocre season which is what I am predicting for them next season. They shouldn't ***** about it either, they did get a championship out of it.

Ravens fill in a few key spots with some good players they pick up in the draft or free agency they will be competitors again in a season or so.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

The league is evolving into a pass first league, you need to rush the passer.

Not sure how stopping the run with DE's and the Titans not lighting up the scoreboard go hand in hand? I think that would work oppositely. Say we aren't killing a team or the game is close they are more likely to continue passing than say if they were up big they would try to milk the clock by handing it off. I'm just spit balling here but I'm not sure where you're going with that post.

7. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Let me explain for you.

Titans don't light up the scoreboard because we don't have an elite passer. Therefore the Titans will, for the most part, not be playing with comfortable leads. Titans lore is to play tight games, win the Time of possession battle, and play tough defense. Thus, close games lead to opposing teams to run the ball more often in order to control the clock. Everybody game plans the Titans as such.

If we played with leads all the time, we would need more aggressive pass rushers. But we don't. Guys like Cliff Avril are worthless to us for the money they want. They are only good in passing situations. We need sound DEs that can stop the run and effectively pressure the QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Gotcha. I hope the days of Fisherball are behind us but yes I don't see us blowing teams out just yet. I'm hoping Loggains is worthy of the praise he gets and Williams takes the defense up a couple of levels because the talent is there.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

How about Sammie Lee Hill/Jurrell Casey and Akeem Ayers :cool:

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Sammie Lee Hill or the SF DT would be welcomed. These big names are a long shot IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar