AQUARIA

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL yeah. I do this working out too. I'll go on a hardcore health kick where I'll get in really good shape then one day I'm just like "Fug it. I like Taco Bell and ice cream. And I'd rather watch movies and play games than run and lift weights."

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I figured someone would catch that.. It's actually pronounce "coke".
    Funny I go into the fish store and buy "Monster Kok" food...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hobby compulsion is probably normal..
    I have been doing fish since about 1993 or so and have on occasion said "when this fish dies - I'm done" but then I'll get recharged.
    The Flowerhorn thing is a first time for me.. I have five of them and they still have juvenile traits but when these fish start to mature they are known to turn a bright red, have burning red eyes and grown the giant Kok bump on their foreheads.
    In the past week 4 or the 5 have all of a sudden started turning red. It's truly unusual and in all my years I've not seen anything like it.. If anything most cichlids get uglier as they get older. Not these guys though..
    When they get a little further along I'll post pics.

This is what I'm hoping for over time:

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Wow! Those are cool. They weren't around in the early 80's (at least not that I recall.. and given their look you'd think recollection wouldn't be an issue ha). I liked Firemouths back then. They too could be quite spectacular at times (but nothing as stunning as those Flowerhorns). The nice thing about the Firemouths was that they were relative docile compared to most Cichlids (even less so than the somewhat snippy Angel). I take from your need to be rid of a few that these guys aren't too communal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Eventually I expect to only have a pair max.
    I've had a few firemouths as well. Good communal fish that aren't so soft they can't hold up. Good to pair with oscars or "Blue" Dempseys which I've also had over the years.
    To this point my favorites have always been Buffalohead cichlids, which take the cake in the weird personality dept.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really want to get a nice fish tank, because of all the health reasons, its just hard when you move around.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Did fish for a while....gift from my first wife. Yeah, angels are badasses. dude went from the size of a quarter to bigger than my hand and would follow me around the room talkin 'bout 'YOU WANNA PIECE O' ME??!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar