Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

AP: Titans Mascot T-RAC Released

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PassTitansPass, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassTitansPass Starter

Moolah:
    $126
    NASHVILLE (AP) -- In a move seen by many as an extension of the housecleaning of players and coaching staff of the Tennessee Titans, T-RAC, the Nashville franchise mascot, has been released from his duties late this afternoon. Announced by Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt, the firing marked "another indication of the complete change of direction, and willingness to move on at every level within our organziation". "We are pleased with the entertainment and charitable work that T-Rac has come to represent on behalf of our franchise. But, like many other positions within our organization, there is a time to move forward", Reinfeldt remarked. When asked for further comment, Executive VP Steve Underwood stated that the team "was looking into other options that would provide a more balanced, family-friendly experience". Hinting at what might become the team mascot for the upcoming 2011 schedule included a yet unnamed Medusa-like female figurehead complete with a rattle-snake headpiece representing the snake infested mid-State area; a spinning robotic tornado affectionately named "T-Wister"; and a Vince Young replica mascot that tosses equipment to grateful attendees in the stands. When reached for comment, the actor who portayed T-Rac for the past 10 seasons provided little explanation for the surprising shift. "I'm hoping to see if I might fill in for Snow Bird in the off season", he commented.

Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    15 people high five this.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,904
    T-Rac is a disgrace to mascots everywhere. We need something that has something to do with the team...
  3. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    Mike Munchak really ain't ******* around.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,602
    Bwahahahahahaha!
  4. onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,485
    1 people high five this.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,216
    Damn.

But umm a Medusa-like female figurehead? NOOOOOOO
    A spinning robotic tornado affectionately named "T-Wister? NOOOOOOO
    Vince Young replica mascot that tosses equipment to grateful attendees in the stands. YES!
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $290
    http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Tennessee/Raccoon.html
    1 people high five this.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,904
    A raccoon or a Titan, which would you prefer?
  7. PassTitansPass Starter

Moolah:
    $126
    I'd prefer the gear-heaving Young replica.
    2 people high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $290
    I'll stick with T-Rac :)

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.