Anyone worried?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If CJ doesn't go hell bent for leather in 2012, his arse will be released subsequently. Bank that.
    Teams are picking up near-1000y rushers for 2 or 3 million a year all over the place.

2. pettso

pettso Starter

Its a shame that his first 3 years are pretty much fully guaranteed so it won't even matter if we cut him. We'll still eat the cap hit for 2013.

Edit: I take that back, it's only guaranteed if he's on the roster:

In 2013, Johnson’s salary is $10 million, $9 million of which is guaranteed for injury only now. It becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2013 League Year.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Looks to me like we are going to sit on a ton of money under the cap again this year. Why not go ahead and re-up Mccourty, cook, and Britt now rather than wait till next year and use the dam money? We still need a center,DE, cb, and maybe another guard. I like the two signs but I was hoping for more but basically got what I expected. We will sit on millions and raise the ticket prices.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm excited for our future. So many young players with potential to be stars...

Potential Franchise QB --> Locker
    Potential Elite WR --> Britt
    Potential Studs on D --> McCarthy, Ayers, Casey, Klug

If those guys develop like we all hope, and have another strong draft... we could be making a push to being a legit team.

5. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

We can also transfer all the unused cap into next year salary cap total figure.

That's always a possiblity, can front load a lot of contracts and then get by that way. It will be interesting to see what happens next off season with this.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Cook and Britt are problematic in that regard.

They probably don't WANT to re-up this year, hoping that they can have huge years next year and get PAID.

If you can get them to re-up on the basis of what they have done to date, heck yeah, do it. But I doubt they'll do it.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I thought the new CBA said we had to use 90 percent of our cap each year. Did I misunderstand that?

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Hopefully we're saving money for Freeney. That'd be nice.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Say what??? I'd like Freeney too but dude is way overpaid. Plus I'm pretty sure Indy said they're gonna keep him.

10. gran54

gran54 Starter

Eh not really worried. Hell we're the Titans, we always do this and come out decent in the win column (not great, YET). Just glad we didn't get tied up in Peyton's large contract. "We build through the draft" and are destine never to sign a big name free agent lol. With the draft class we had last year I really don't mind it. Hopefully we will do well again this year in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar