Anyone worried?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

And we have glaring issues with 2-3...

Although we were strong in pass protection our inability to create holes in the run game was inexcusable

And I would have to slightly disagree with merely a good DL. I think you can afford to have just a good DL if you have above avg DBs. But if your DBs are simply serviceable..your going to need strong DL to help cover your deficiencies in your secondary

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I'm 140 lbs. I could get a sack or two from that far out.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Agreed.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

In my mind, to win a SB, or to be an elite, year in contender, you need a base of solid, good players on both sides of the ball, combined with two or three stud playmaker types.

The Titans FO has always seemed, to me, great at finding the former. We do great with low draft picks and UFA's and whatnot.

We've just never been able to get those stud playmaker types. Be it injury (britt) butsts (young) or whatever, we are always just lacking that two or three guys who can take over a game and bring it home.

That's why the Steve & Eddie years were so great. I think we may have the QB in Locker. Britt CAN be the wr, but he's gotta stay healthy. CJ is not going to be the answer at running back much longer, if even this year. I think signing him to his deal was a stupid move. Backs don't last long enough to make it worth it, particularly smallish speed backs like CJ. I hope he proves me wrong and reels off four or five great seasons, but I doubt it.

I know this is going to be received badly around here, but I'm gonna say it anyway... I would love to see the Titans move up to snag Richardson. He, Locker, & Britt could be the set of triplets that lead us to multiple titles.

Richardson is, IMO, the ONLY elite playmaker skill guy in this draft. He would do more for this franchise than the guys we'd take with the picks we'd have to give up.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What good does drafting a running back do if our offensive line can't block for him?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

CJ had a line when he was drafted...now that he doesn't we're just flushing an astronomical amount of money down the toilet year after year.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Year after year? He's had 1 off year and yet still some how managed 1,000 yards. It doesn't matter what RB you have, if you don't have an OL you won't play to the level you could be at.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Fix the OL and if CJ still doesn't get it done then you consider looking for another RB. Way to early in my book to be looking for his replacement. One bad yr with a new offense and minimal training camp. He gets a pass for 2012. He better show up and run hard if he wants to see the rest of his contract money.

We need to get ourselves in position to draft BPA. Use some of our cap money to lock up some of our young players long term.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Nope, this same crap happens every year.

10. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Completely agree. I definitely felt like we hit a stretch where we became content with having quantity over quality. And I think that has hindered our overall growth as a franchise..(along with several poor choices in the draft lol)

But even with that said..as it stands right now we have a solid foundation ! We just need to build on that...I think next off season will be huge for the direction of this team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar